spinach or stevia

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moose

Reaction score
hi guys,
I want to make a green swirl in my mint rosemary soap, and was wondering what would be better.
would you add the spinach puree at trace, and subtract the weight from the water? and how much would you use?

I would mix up a tiny amount of lye water and add some spinach and stevia in separate test cups, see if either holds the green color. I used parsley before and it holds its green fairly well.
I've never put food in my soap before but I read you want to add it in either to oils or lye water to make sure it gets mixed in really and I think the lye will help "cook" it so to speak which may help it not spoil.

I've used wheat grass powder and it holds a great green but will fade in sunlight.

I tried spinach tonight, it's in the mold all snug as a bug right now, but once its cut i'll post some photos.
I was going to try stevia, but I noticed there is white stevia powder, and green, and I wasn't sure if they would both work, as I only have the white.

here is the rosemary mint soap with spinach puree for color. its been curing for about a week and a bit. the color has deepened a bit, but thats a good thing because when i poured it was looked radioactive.

spinach.jpg

Check out the second post in this thread addressing that: http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=56833
Problem is, when browsing through "New Posts," there's no way to know if this is the only post on the matter or not. If the desire is to keep older posts from being replied to, then the thread should be locked with a message that it is old (see TripAdvisor or a million other forum sites). As it is, there's no way to know if your post will be unnecessarily vilified.

Problem is, when browsing through "New Posts," there's no way to know if this is the only post on the matter or not. If the desire is to keep older posts from being replied to, then the thread should be locked with a message that it is old (see TripAdvisor or a million other forum sites). As it is, there's no way to know if your post will be unnecessarily vilified.

I mean... to do that would be a lot of admin work. Going through thousands and thousands of old posts to lock them. That would be a crazy undertaking.

I think the jist is to use common sense. The reason for your reply will tell you a lot about what to do.

1. Want to say "thanks" to the OP? Don't bother, they're probably long gone.

2. Want to add something valuable to the conversation? This could go either way: make a new post about it or add it to the old post. Both options are viable.

3. Asking OP a question? Definitely make a new thread with your question - you will get a much better response.

I mean... to do that would be a lot of admin work. Going through thousands and thousands of old posts to lock them. That would be a crazy undertaking.

Well, I have run into threads here that are visible but closed, so it can be done. And I'd say that in the time it took an admin to scold someone for "necroposting," they could have simply posted a comment saying "Old thread." and then closed it.

Back