Hair Oil Spray

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikindred

Reaction score
I am trying to find a good recipe for hair oil that you can put into a 4oz bottle with a spray mister....any suggestions on where to start?

Not sure if this helps---I make something for my hair that I put in a mister bottle for a leave in conditioner, but I don't have any oil in it. I put in aloe, honeyquat, panthenol, protein, and bamboo extract. Just 2% of each. You need a preservative too, of course. I tried polyquat 7 as a detangeler, but did not like the way it felt on my hair.

If you wanted oil or silicons in something, you can emulsify with BTMS. I get most of my hair care ideas and recipes from swiftcraftymonkey. She has tons of info. Just google that and you will get to her blog site.

Oh hair oil... I didn't think there was anybody else out there that thought about hair oil.
My aim has been for a solid hair oil but after soooooooo many batched its been put on the back burner for this week.
I currently use Himalayan Indian hair oil. I love it & am almost out. I got a few bottles when I was in India. Its a liquid oil & would mist thru an atomiser I'd imagine.
Try googling their ingredients.
Unfortunately though there are only so many oils that actually penetrate the shaft.
Did u want it for conditioning or more of a shine type product??
Dimethicone & other cones are good for just shine but if u want a conditioning oil.... coconut, olive, avocado all penetrate the shaft the best from what I've read.
Good luck & I'd love to know how u get on.

Also there is a type of Indian gooseberry oil (???)that is supposed to b good for the hair... just another thought.
What about more of a bottle with a dripper hole in the top instead of an atomiser. Then things open up majorly with types of oil if it doesn't have to atomise.
I'm rambling...... good luck.

Back