Tattoos

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
still working on the finances to have it finished but:
tat.jpg

^^^ niceeeee... Are u planning on getting a black n white or colour?

Yer not alone, i'm still saving for my next one as well

I remember in my first duty station we had a brand new "fehnoogeey" (I'll let you figure that one out.) He went downtown with his first paycheck and then some, and had a HUGE dragon started wrapping his torso. I mean there was 5-6 hours of line work. That next day we went on alert and deployed to ... well, let's just say it was hot, humid, and there were no showers.

He was medevaced out after about a week and went stateside to one of the larger hospitals - eventually being discharged for medical reasons. I can't imagine that turned out well.

A cool thing I am seeing lately is small white tattoos (on white/light skinned ladies). I am torn between "if you are going to get a tattoo, get one!" and "whatever she wants."

^^^ niceeeee... Are u planning on getting a black n white or colour?

Yer not alone, i'm still saving for my next one as well

Colour! I think greyscaling looks pretty boss though, I just love the way colour painted on the skin looks

I keep promising myself no more piercings till I get the tattoo finished (but I've been spending all my ink money on soap supplies oops)

I think if someone wants a tattoo they should just do it. I was 38 when I got my first and 42 when I got it enhanced. I got my second one at 49. My third and likely my last I am trying to figure out just what I want and I'm 55. I love mine and don't care what they may look like if I live to be 80 or more. I figure there will be many others just like me.

A cool thing I am seeing lately is small white tattoos (on white/light skinned ladies). I am torn between "if you are going to get a tattoo, get one!" and "whatever she wants."

have you seen the ones that look like floral lace patterns covering the arm? white tattoos can be really elegant, especially if they put in some flourishes with clear uv reactive stuff to get hidden details that only come out under black light

have you seen the ones that look like floral lace patterns covering the arm? white tattoos can be really elegant, especially if they put in some flourishes with clear uv reactive stuff to get hidden details that only come out under black light
I have not ... I'm afraid I am rarely in a place where there is black light anymore. :p :sad: Sounds very cool though! Sort of like "spy ink" for grownups.

I think if someone wants a tattoo they should just do it. I was 38 when I got my first and 42 when I got it enhanced. I got my second one at 49. My third and likely my last I am trying to figure out just what I want and I'm 55. I love mine and don't care what they may look like if I live to be 80 or more. I figure there will be many others just like me.
That reminds oe of something a friend said ... she often says (and I do not know firsthand, she's just a friend) that she got a rose tattooed on her breast that looked like this:

9516378-single-dark-red-rose-isolated-on-white-Stock-Photo-stem.jpg

But now it looks like this:

rose-vine.png

Her words, not mine!

Speaking of funny and tattoos, a buddy in the Army actually got a penis tattoo. No I don't have a picture but this should give you an idea what he thought would be right for such a thing:

51c7cc3bb79e253de73df789b731f1c7.jpg

Remember, in the Army there is no privacy. In the context where I saw it, it looked like a little man squinting, but I took his word for it that it looked like it was intended when displayed "proudly."

@TheDragonGirl
Yea, b/w tattoos and soaping supplies it can get pretty pricey. Oh wait, i also have a new pup.. I can imagine my diet for the next 3 years would be instant noodles

@shunt2011
I wish my mom is like you! I got mine at 36. And like you, i dont care how my tats will look in the next 20 years.

@LBussy
LOL! I feel sorry for that dude who got deployed right after getting his tat

Yikes, that had to be painful... I think that's why I never got one on my chest/breast I was afraid it would sag way too much..:shock:

That reminds oe of something a friend said ... she often says (and I do not know firsthand, she's just a friend) that she got a rose tattooed on her breast that looked like this:

9516378-single-dark-red-rose-isolated-on-white-Stock-Photo-stem.jpg

But now it looks like this:

rose-vine.png

Her words, not mine!

Speaking of funny and tattoos, a buddy in the Army actually got a penis tattoo. No I don't have a picture but this should give you an idea what he thought would be right for such a thing:

51c7cc3bb79e253de73df789b731f1c7.jpg

Remember, in the Army there is no privacy. In the context where I saw it, it looked like a little man squinting, but I took his word for it that it looked like it was intended when displayed "proudly."

I have 3 that all have a special meaning. I got my first one while we were in CA for 6 months in 2011. I'm an archer and archery addict and had this one on my left inside arm (ouch btw!). My 2nd is not pictured but is on my lower back and is my moniker, Lady B which I've used for several gaming characters, and the 3rd is the most special as I did as an ode to my son who has autism. His name is John and he's 7 (soon to be 8 in Aug.). I copied Lady Gaga's Born This Way tattoo that she has on her leg and had the tatt artist add the puzzle pieces in blue as the symbols and colors of autism with John's name. It's my favorite obviously. I plan on getting Soap Mage pretty soon, although haven't decided where yet. :)

tattoo.jpg

btwtatt.jpg

I have:
A small piece of flash of a dragon curled up sleeping, that was my first piece at 18

The autobot symbol fashioned to look like a brand on my upper left arm

a sleeve consisting of a pair of koi circling each other around a water lilly flowing into a serpentine western dragon wrapped around my lower arm on the right

and a whole mess of piercings

Oh my gosh! That sleeve sounds fantastic! Will you post a pic for us?

I missed it! I'll have to search when I'm not sneaking peeks at work.

Edit: hey, thanks for the link, Lee.

That's some bad-a$$ ink ya got there! That is going to be amazing filled in! You can tell people not to play "koi" with you 'cause you've got your own and don't need their games!

Last edited:
I have two so far, trying to nail down a design for the third. My first tattoo was a Daisy on my toe (from a camp song) wearing a cowboy hat. I worked as a horse wrangler at Girl Scout camps for many years and in 2008 a bunch of camp staff went to a tattoo parlor to get the daisies. Don't mind the tape on the toes, I just broke a toe in the pic!

Last Christmas (2014) my wife gave me enough money to get my second tattoo: a celtic knot with the Old English word for "peace" in the middle. The word is "frith," I know it looks like frio! (unintentional consequence). It's a heritage tattoo that I've been planning since I was 12: Irish and English ancestry.

What a fun thread and what a bunch of cool cats you all are! My tattoos are in my profile pic. There are swirly bows above my knees. I love my ink and I loved the experience--even got a discount for being "good" (not twitching). But I won't get another. These are like clothing and I can avoid wearing stockings in the sweltering South Louisiana summers.

Back