Essential oils chart

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you for this list. I know that parsley isnt on your list, it is mostly used for vericose veins, etc. but it also should be used during pregnancy, nor injested. thanks!

Thanks for posting. There are a lot of very wonderful essential oils; however, a lot of them will irritate sensitive skin. I have tried to get around that in soap making for years, and i have come to find that only the most gentle essential oils work best in soap for people with sensitive skin and it's always good to have a sope like that on hand for your people. Other people with tough skin can handle the more penetrating scents and they are so fun to play with!

Anyone,

Looking for clues as to ratios. 1:1? What I mean is how many drops of this and how many drops of that are in a particular blend? Any free resources? For example, I have a bottle of Young Living EO blend called "3 Wise Men". Its ingredients include Sandalwood, Juniper, Frankincense, Spruce & Myrrh. If I were to "create" a similar blend, how the heck do I determine whether it's 6 drops of sandalwood, 3 drops of juniper, blah blah blah, or 8 drops of yada yada? I could go 1:1, but I doubt that's what "they" did. Any resources would be appreciated. It would be great to find some kind of kopykat recipe site for commercial EO blends. Anyone seen anything like this?

I think you'll just have to experiment. Add x drops of one, x drops of another and so on until you figure out the ratio. You could check on aromaweb.com and check to see what their 'notes' are for each EO. This is just how I experiment with blending EOs - I use x amount of drops for high notes, half the x amount for the middle notes and then half this amount for base notes. So, I start with a ratio of 4:2:1 unless it's an EO like lemongrass or eucalyptus. I'll always use less of them because they can overpower a blend. I'm sure there are a few others but I don't use many EOs anymore. I let this sit for a few days and then smell it. If it's not quite what I want, then I'll add a couple more drops of whatever I think it might need. Leave sit for a few days, etc. It may not be the best way to do it but it's worked for me. Hopefully, someone who's experienced with EOs will see your post and have a better answer.

What is the best and strongest EO to use in melt and pour soap that lasts?
I have been using Melissa at the moment seems much better than a lot iv used in the past. X

Hi
Thanks for this information. I just joined this Forum and i hope to learn alot here.
Most of the EO are said to be avoided during pregnancy. My question is do they have any effect on preganacy when used in soap? At what state are they harmful?

Thanks.

Your questions aren’t answered?

I've seen answers from Saponista, seven, lisamaliga, Zelda Rose and Khanjari to your questions.

I posted a link to a tutorial on how to make goldfish in a bag MP when you asked how to do it. Plus, Chicken Soap wrote out a tutorial for you. Also, Ellacho was kind enough to send you some pics in an email when you asked.

Perhaps some questions get overlooked because you ask the same ones and you could find these questions already answered on the forum. Plus, you posted soon after you joined -

I done my first stall a few weeks ago, I was really nervous, there was a lot of preparation before hand. I think I will be fine next time, I will be more prepared. X

You told everyone you are selling but yet you’re asking questions which you should have known the answers to before you started selling. Some people may find this off-putting which could lead to them not feeling motivated to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back