Jager Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jager made that gorgeous red??

Yep, I just cut another batch today and it's just as beautiful! Maybe the essential oil blend helps with the coloring? If you look at the picture the yellow part is the portion of batter with no Jager in it. It's rather yellow, the red part is the same exact batter as the yellow, but with 1 oz of boiled Jager in it. I love the colors, decided not to use any colors just to see what the "natural" color would turn out to be. As it cures it could change, time will tell :)
ETA: the scent is wonderful, but it does seem at this early stage that the Anise is winning the duke out :)

Yep, I just cut another batch today and it's just as beautiful! Maybe the essential oil blend helps with the coloring? If you look at the picture the yellow part is the portion of batter with no Jager in it. It's rather yellow, the red part is the same exact batter as the yellow, but with 1 oz of boiled Jager in it. I love the colors, decided not to use any colors just to see what the "natural" color would turn out to be. As it cures it could change, time will tell :)
ETA: the scent is wonderful, but it does seem at this early stage that the Anise is winning the duke out :)

Like others, I am just in awe over this red color. A great red seems to be the Holy Grail in soaping, so can't wait to see/hear how it ages!

And thank you for the preliminary EO update - that Anise is a bossy piece of business. My guess, however, is that the fisticuffs continues...

Did you use regular jager or the vanilla one? I assumed it was the regular stuff but that color is so odd. I have some of the vanilla, I should do a test batch sometime to see what it does.

I will keep everyone updated as it cures :) Obsidian, I used regular Jager. Again, there is no Jager in the yellow part, that is pure EO's coloring that, the red is the part with the Jager in it, I was shocked at the color too, and quite pleased. In Iowa those are Cyclone Colors :) And I didn't even try LOL

I just whipped up a batch of jager soap using the cinnamon vanilla. Its a reddish brown to begin with and smells like anise and cinnamon (its not very good lol)

I also only used it in half the batch so I could see the color, so far its a cinnamony orange color. I didn't have any yellowish EO's to use so I went with a champagne FO that smells like 7-up and shouldn't discolor beyond a very pale ivory. It smells super nice and the color is pleasing, not too orange or bright.

I'll post pics as soon as I can.

EDIT: My color didn't last. After gel, it faded to a barely there tan. Its still pretty but I had hoped the orangish would stay.

Last edited:
Obsidian, that's a bummer about the color of your Jager soap :( Here is mine 12 days after cutting. It seems that the red has darkened a bit to a brownish red. I'm really hoping it stays where it's at.

IMG_20170823_195815339.jpg

Back