I want to share with you one of my design techniques!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funastrum

Reaction score
I don't know if I am the first to do this, probably not lol, but I thought I would share with you a little bit of my experimenting!

2jg3q6w.jpg

Take a small part of your batter and put it in a controllable squeeze bottle, I get mine from the Family Dollar for $1, they even include caps so I can shake them! Take a small portion of batter, I do 4 pound batches and fill 1/4 of the bottle and then shake it with color. With this batch I took the leftover separated batter that I did not use for designing and mixed it with the main batter when I was done playing around because the colors are similar.
For the design you can take a sharpie and draw the design on the OTHER side of your liner. It should come through the paper enough that you can trace over the design with your squeeze bottle.
Make sure you get a barely there trace with your stick blender before separating, you want to work with a recipe that will give you time! Before you start tracing your design, make sure to shake your bottle furiously, you want it to be at thick trace in the bottle so that it makes solid lines rather than sloppy oozy lines, but you want thin barely there trace in your pot. After laying out your decorative batter, let your design sit for a little while to become more solid. When it seems right, pour the rest of the batter over your design. If your batter in the pot is very thick, you will need to bang the heck out of your mold after pouring to get those air bubbles out. Since the design is a raised surface, you will certainly have air to pound out if your pot batter is at a thick trace by the time your pour.
Best of luck for those that try this technique, if you do try it, post some pictures! I am excited to see what others do with this, the possibilities are ENDLESS.
2z82sk7.jpg

2nrexj9.jpg

Neat-o. Thank you for sharing your artistic method. You're right, the possibilities are endless.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

It's beautiful. It really dresses up your soap - You just took it from day time to evening:).

nice! i don't think i can do this one, not with the tremor i have, lol!

Back