Base soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hello again! I've made a few small batches of soap as I'm still learning. I would like to branch out a lil bit and take on a 10lb batch and by this time next week would like to take on maybe a 20 lb batch who knows? I've done a lot of research online of soap makers making their big 25 lb batches and I'm in awe...I wanted to know if those base recipes are the same as the recipes I use now for my 5 lb batches? Just with out the scented oils and colors. Maybe I could start a base soap stock? And after they've cured just take off pieces as needed of whatever type of soap I've made? This is what seems to me to be what's going on with the pros. I just would like to make sure I'm understanding it correctly so I won't have to buy another 25 lb mp gm block. A side note I've done sum cp and hp and even a rebatch boy....that was fun. Thanks any and all comments and advice is welcomed thanks! And please excuse my grammer I'm using a cell phone for this post lol

Are you talking about doing big batches of mp or doing big batches of plain cp and then rebatching it to add color/scent?

Yes now that you put it that way it makes more sense. I just wasn't sure if that's what it was called or not. I was also researching master batching that looks very interesting. I've bought a block of mp gm just to play while I work on cp.

Back