Hand dipped candles

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernEssence

Reaction score
I'm a soap maker but I'd like to try my hand at candle making. I think hand dipped candles are just beautiful and primitive looking. Any tips on how to make them would be very helpful and appreciated.

Thanks y'all!

Have you tried to google this and see what comes up? I've never hand dipped them so I don't have any advice. Sorry.

Yeah I googled it. Thanks! I found a great link in it too. I'm going to get the wicks and wax and try it. A lot of my customers have been saying that they want me to make candles. I'll post pictures after I try to make some.

How do I post pictures?

There is a shop nearby me that will let you dip your own candles. What they do is that they have several vats of warm, liquid wax with color added to it. You then put a wick on a hooked stick with half of the wick on each side of the hook and dip the two ends in the wax. You dip it in cold water, then dip in wax again etc. It takes quite a while for it to build up on the wick enough for it to be called a candle...

I made one at Cub Scout's camp once. am sure there must be a way to do it faster and more of them but like Zen said. It takes awhile. I remember thinking it was cool at first and wanting to go fishing like 10 minutes later.

Back