Pimple after using hand Made soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruth

Reaction score
Hallo kind people, i have in trouble, My skin and my sister skin get pimple after we are using my handmade soap, in every recipe, even 100% olive oil, why it is happen, do the soap to hars for me ? Anybody have experience about this? Please help

I can only speak on my and my families skin. Since using handmade soap our skin is in the best shape ever. What recipes are you making? You may be sensitive to something in the soap. I cannot use 100% Olive Oil soap as it is the only one my skin dislikes.

that' surprising, My skin is the best from the moment I started to make my own soap. I had stopped putting body butter on me, only on my front of legs where my skin condition acts up from time to time. Post your recipe if you want some advice

When you say *pimple*, do you mean that you are using the soap washing your faces? Or do you get pimples all over the body too?

I am asking, because if the soaps gives you pimples in the face I started to wonder about the ammount of superfat you used. If it is high, the olive oil -or other oils for that matter- may be coating your skin and you don`t get it rinsed off properly and it starts to clog your pores and give you pimples. If you moiturize on top of that it gets worse.

I agree with Dahlia, post your recipe if you want more advice, otherwise we are just writing down random advice without any real information about your soap : )

My friend asked me that it because the soap detox my skins out toxic from my skin, when the toxic completely out my will ok, that is true?

As others have asked, please post the recipe or recipes you're using. Folks here will have a much better chance at answering your questions if they know what you've done.

My friend asked me that it because the soap detox my skins out toxic from my skin, when the toxic completely out my will ok, that is true?

Could you maybe try to rephrase that? I can't figure out just what you're asking. Sorry. :-?

Homemade bar soap doesn't work for every skin-type. If you have sensitive skin, you may need to use a lower pH cleanser like Cetaphil or Cerave (North America). It's hard to say what you could be sensitive to, do you use fragrance in all your soaps?

And no, bar soap does not detox the skin. Clay and/or activated charcoal masks can draw sebum from the pores. And chemical exfoliants like BHAs and AHAs can remove dirt and junk from your pores as well. But your skin is not full of "toxins", don't worry!

It's hard to even say if the soap is causing your pimple. It could come from environmental factors, hormonal factors, etc.

This is my recipe:
50 % olive oil
20 % palm oil
20 % coconut oil
5 % rice brand oil
5 % Castor oil
Extract jicama
Rice powder
With 10 persen superfat
What s wrong with my recipe?

Or maby my skin Will love liquid soap? Because liquid soap use KOH for alkaline it is soft for skin.

I don't see anything wrong with your choice of oils. The 10% superfat is twice the usual amount that many soapers use. If the water in your area is hard, then your soap and 10% superfat may not be rinsing completely off the skin.

Whether you use NaOH or KOH it won't matter. A properly made bar or liquid soap contains no NaOH or KOH in the finished product.

I know nothing about jicama extract and rice powder in soap, but I suppose that could also be a problem.

Do the pimples show up immediately after using soap? Is it possible that the pimples are simply a coincidence?

@MySoapyHeart just on my face not my body, the soap work well on my body skin.

Oke thank you some much, i will make it again with 5 % superfat.

SF too high, go a bit lower with CO if this is facial soap. Pimples take at least 7 days to come out, People do not think about it, they wash face or use the cream then next day they got pimples, My dear they were in your skin for sometime ........
I use my facial soaps with no issue and I am old so I am suppose to have extra dry skin ;) I do not but I use my facial lotions. The best facial soaps are without Coconut oil, I would use babassu but only 10% , 5 SF
BTW there is nothing wrong with your recipe, i think it is well balanced for a body soap :)
I like 50% of OO, the soaps are very mild, I use that a lot but then I add lard and tallow too, so they are mild.

SF too high, go a bit lower with CO if this is facial soap. Pimples take at least 7 days to come out, People do not think about it, they wash face or use the cream then next day they got pimples, My dear they were in your skin for sometime ........
I use my facial soaps with no issue and I am old so I am suppose to have extra dry skin ;) I do not but I use my facial lotions. The best facial soaps are without Coconut oil, I would use babassu but only 10% , 5 SF
BTW there is nothing wrong with your recipe, i think it is well balanced for a body soap :)
I like 50% of OO, the soaps are very mild, I use that a lot but then I add lard and tallow too, so they are mild.

Adding to this, babassu oil is deceptively cleansing. most of us won't notice because it is much more gentle than coconut oil is in soap. So if you ever get the chance, don't go overboard with it.

Yes , You are right Dahila, the pimple come out after 7 Day i used my soap, I am so sad,

Yes , You are right Dahila, the pimple come out after 7 Day i used my soap, I am so sad,
so it looks that you do not tolerate high ph in soaps, too bad. You may have oily skin or combination skin which is always prone for pimples.
I am old and i will get some after using sunblock, Sometimes it is the only way to be sure, to eliminate the things you put on your skin. I know that i react like that to sunblock but still use it :)
You probably need face wash at most 7 ph , gentle surfacants. Have you try to use oil cleaning?

My face is quite picky with what I use on it to cleanse it. Several years ago I stopped using facial cleansers and soap (even the soap that I make), and I instead just use a facial cloth and water. It's the only thing that doesn't make my skin unhappy. For what its worth, I often get complimented on my complexion, and some have even asked me what my secret is. They are shocked when I say just plain water and a facial cloth. lol

I use my soap on the rest of my body, though, with no issues.

IrishLass :)

My face is quite picky with what I use on it to cleanse it. Several years ago I stopped using facial cleansers and soap (even the soap that I make), and I instead just use a facial cloth and water. It's the only thing that doesn't make my skin unhappy. For what its worth, I often get complimented on my complexion, and some have even asked me what my secret is. They are shocked when I say just plain water and a facial cloth. lol

I use my soap on the rest of my body, though, with no issues.

IrishLass :)

this is interesting IL... if you wear make up, what do you use to remove it?

Latest posts

Back