pumpkin puree soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
I am planning to make a pumpkin puree soap. I have a recipe but nowhere does it say that I need to subtract the 2 oz of water and swap it for the 2 oz of pumpkin puree. Do I need to do that? I would think it would just be too soupy if I used my normal 33% lye concentration and then added in that extra liquid, even though it's not really "liquid" Any advice? appreciate it, have everything ready to go, just need to know what to do! Thank you!

I'd say doing a direct sub of pumpkin puree for water sounds reasonable. The nutrition facts for one brand --

pumpkin-puree_nfx.png

-- tell me that it's largely water. A 123 gram serving includes only 11 grams of carbs and protein. You might double check your product to make sure.

If you use fresh pumpkin purée the colour is brighter - doesn't really matter because they both fade in a few weeks.

I also simmer the pumpkin purée until it is really quite dry. Sieve it to get a fine soap appearance. I substitute 1/2 my water for pumpkin purée. It makes a good soap.

When I make pumpkin soap I always use my homemade puree. Even though I make it into a thick paste, I still sub the volume for part of my water. I dissolve my lye in the reduced volume of water and SB the puree into the oils. I haven't had any problems doing it this way and the soap always turns out lovely. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back