Best divided slab mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for a slab mold with dividers, nothing huge, 2-3 lb. What is your favorite? Economically of course and also functionally? I appreciate any feedback! Thank you!

Thank you KC! that is actually the one I was looking at, need to wait for a sale if they ever have those on sale :) I would prefer the silicone liner as well. I'll keep an eye on the price

I have one very similar to this:
https://www.brambleberry.com/9-Bar-Unfinished-Birchwood-Mold-P5169.aspx

I have a silicone liner instead of the plastic ends:

https://www.brambleberry.com/Silicone-Liner-for-9-Bar-Mold-P5812.aspx

The people who made mine closed their etsy shop tho. They used to make all the wood molds for BB before they closed - but this is almost the same design. Mine has a removable bottom and this one does not appear to.

KC, I got the BB mold, dividers and silicone liner. Used it for the first time yesterday. on the advice of the rep from BB I used the amount of soap he suggested. It was way too much! So my question to you is, how much soap do you use for that mold if you use the liner and the dividers? The bars were so big I cut them in half. this makes a much smaller bar than I normally make but the way it was it was huge and there is no way anyone could shower with that giant bar.

KC, I got the BB mold, dividers and silicone liner. Used it for the first time yesterday. on the advice of the rep from BB I used the amount of soap he suggested. It was way too much! So my question to you is, how much soap do you use for that mold if you use the liner and the dividers? The bars were so big I cut them in half. this makes a much smaller bar than I normally make but the way it was it was huge and there is no way anyone could shower with that giant bar.

I will have to look at my notes at home. I want to say about 780 g of oil - about what I would put in a crafters choice 1501.

I have that mold, and if it is filled I agree with you. The bars are too big. I don't remember the exact dimensions off hand, but I calculate the amount just like any other mold LxWxH (the thickness I want the bars to be), and then multiply by .4. I like my bars to be about 1.25 thick, so I put a small line in black sharpie on the outside of the silicone liner. The silicone is translucent, so I can see the mark. I make the bars a bit thicker if I am using the dividers since they make a smaller bar than my usual size. I don't sell, so it isn't too critical, but I like the size to be as consistent as possible.

ETA: I see KC answered while I was typing. I think I use closer to 34-35 oz oils.

dibbles and KC, thank you both! That is very helpful information. :) I will adjust accordingly. My normal recipe is 34 oz so I think I'll give that a whirl first and see how it goes. I put one of those big bars in my hand and thought "no way could I shower with this big honking bar of soap" LOL

Back