HOMESTEAD BLESSING SOAP RECIPE----LOST MY RECIPE!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vbmo

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with a recipe that was on the Homestead Blessings video. It was a recipe that used crisco, olive oil and coconut. After you measured your water and lye, mixed the lye in, then just added the oils, not thermometer needed!! It is an awesome recipe but I've lost my copy!!!

TIA

How many ounce batch do you want, you can do this with hp, go on soapcalc.net and make up your own recipe?

The Martha Stewart recipe uses

12 oz. liquid (soap calc recommends 8 oz)
12 oz Crisco
5 oz Coconut
4.25 oz Olive Oil
3 oz. Lye

It makes a little over 1# of soap. It is a SUPER moisturizing bar, I love it ;)

Sorry I didn't know your Blessings recipe but hopefully this helped!

vbmo said:
Can anyone help me with a recipe that was on the Homestead Blessings video. It was a recipe that used crisco, olive oil and coconut. After you measured your water and lye, mixed the lye in, then just added the oils, not thermometer needed!! It is an awesome recipe but I've lost my copy!!!

TIA

Yes I sure can. :) That is the DVD my niece let me borrow and my sister and I just made 2 batches of it yesterday. That is if they don't have two different videos out about soap. The first post I made on the thread below came from that DVD, Homestead Blessings, The art of making soap. They used other seasonings in theirs but I wanted to use rosemary. if you need the seasonings as well just let me know. I have it printed out. She also used oatmeal in there as well.
WOW it's SOOO NICE to be able to be helpful to somebody else on here for a change. lol
http://soapmakingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16837

Back