Piping soap recipe feedback

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapprentice

Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried soap piping today and the texture came out grainy and the batter kept breaking up coming from the tip. My recipe is olive - 55, shea -10, coco butter-10, coconut -20 , castor - 5, SF- 5. No fragrance. Additive - colloidal oatmeal. The excess batter was placed in individual moulds, which is as smooth as butter, not grainy. Any idea what happened? I used rose tip if that matters, any improvement I can do on the recipe for piping or overall?

Did the soap get hot in the piping bag? I've piped many times and once I had a soap start to gel in the bag and got so hot it separated. I don't use any butters in my recipes that I pipe. Then, I only make cupcake soaps.

No.. it didn't get hot at all.. the soap looked grainy, but when I piped a bit on my finger and rubbed it, it didn't feel grainy at all... when I piped the soap into the mould, and use spatula to spread it, it was back to normal consistency. Just when it came out of the tip, it looks like that.

Hm. I always just pipe with my regular recipe, I've only had problems with it when it started setting up in the bag while I was piping it- was it too firm for piping maybe?

Hm. I always just pipe with my regular recipe, I've only had problems with it when it started setting up in the bag while I was piping it- was it too firm for piping maybe?

You must be right. I saw few piping videos on YouTube again and they look less firm compared to mine.
And also, soap queen whips her frosting, will there be any advantage because of it?

Back