How to use a heating pad?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapsugoii

Reaction score
So I have recently been wrapping my silicon loafs in blankets and I love the smooth texture of the soap after it gels. I have been having issues ensuring full gel tho since I'm not super experienced with this method. I seem to remember reading about using heating pads to ensure a nice even gel so I got one in the mail today.

Couple questions tho. Do I sill wrap the soap in blankets? Would leaving the heating pad on with the soap overnight be too long? Do I heat for the first hour or so and keep peeking at it until full gel, like in CPOP?

Any heating pad users' help would greatly appreciated :)

I use heating pads a lot. I do still cover the soap, although I wouldn't do that with a milk soap of a soap with sugars in it. I tuck towels or blankets around it and check it with some frequency so I can turn off the pad and uncover once it's fully gelled. I think overnight would be too long and might lead to overheating. I did that once accidentally. THe soap was still okay but I think I just got lucky. It could have separated or volcano'ed, which I would not like to find in the am.

Excerrent :) Thanks m'dear. I will be trying a batch later today. What to make, what to make...

Back