Aussie Girls - Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some oils on special this week from the supermarkets.

Franklins - Lupi EVOO 4 litres $19.99
Woolies -Moro - EVOO 4 litres for $20.
Coles - Crisco Veg oil 4 litres for $10. Not sure whats in this one.

I got a bargain at the local fruit shop - 4 litres pomace $8.99, I wanted to get the whole pallet. I'm going back to get rabbit food Thursday so will get some more. Now all I have to do is work out where to store it :shock: .

I bought the 'Always Fresh' brand of OO at Woolies for half price last week. $4.87 for a litre. Got a coupla bottles.

Thanks for letting us know Relle :)

Oil on special this week at Woolies and Coles.
Same brand different price.

Moro 4 litre EVOO - Woolies -2 for $35 Approx $4.40 litre
Coles - 2 for $40 $5.00 litre

Two for $35 is excellent. :D I bought the 4 litre Red Island Australian EVOO at Safeway on Sunday for $20. I try to buy Aussie when I can for obvious reasons but I do like using the Moro as well.

That is the cheapest I have seen Morro for in years I am going to stock up tomorrow...............LOL can just the the checkout operator wondering what the heck I will do with sooooo much oil!!!!

Same prob here, an embarressing load of oil at the checkout :oops:

I really like the Carbonell in the white tin. Its pretty much $20/4ltrs all year round.
If your looking for a VERY LIGHT olive oil, say for white soap. This one is good. Its almost like water its so light.

Always on the hunt waiting for ricebran to come on special too if anyone sees that.

Lyn said:
That is the cheapest I have seen Morro for in years I am going to stock up tomorrow...............LOL can just the the checkout operator wondering what the heck I will do with sooooo much oil!!!![/quote

Tell her you'll eventually be bathing in it :lol: ,thats not lying.

I went and was looking for lye in Coles the other week and the girl told me it was in the baking aisle - Mmmm, must remember to make a cake with it. :shock:

nattynoo said:
Same prob here, an embarressing load of oil at the checkout :oops:

I really like the Carbonell in the white tin. Its pretty much $20/4ltrs all year round.
If your looking for a VERY LIGHT olive oil, say for white soap. This one is good. Its almost like water its so light.

Always on the hunt waiting for ricebran to come on special too if anyone sees that.

You can call me the oil hunter :wink: - will keep my eye out.

Thanx aussiesoaper, I got 3 tins last week but regret not getting more.

I think Coles has Crisco on special this week - 4 litres for $10 and Woolies has Mechanix lye for $3.50.

I got some avacado oil from coles to try. I think it was about $6.80 for 250ml on special. Says it is pure avo oil. Cheaper than the soap places online, bought it just to try out.

Not sure if you guys have ever seen it but I found some coconut oil in IGA today. It was in a jar on the shelves never to other oils. And for $10.29 for a 300gram jar it stayed there.

Crafty Rose said:
Not sure if you guys have ever seen it but I found some coconut oil in IGA today. It was in a jar on the shelves never to other oils. And for $10.29 for a 300gram jar it stayed there.

I should think so. Wow, pricey. :shock:

Latest posts

Back