Tattoos

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome tat pics, guys!

I have one so far on my left shoulder blade. It used to be a Chinese symbol for 'Dragon' (I'm born in the year of the dragon) but then it shrunk and just looked like a glob of black.. so I had it re-done by getting a dragon over it:
BackDragon1.jpg

DH took the pic the day I got the tat, that's why everything's still red and swollen...

And just for fun to compare b4-after tats:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/A ... neBack.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/A ... onBack.jpg

Nevermind my poses.. those pics were from my lifting times and I posted these pics for my BB friends :oops:

ETA: I would like something like this
traci05.jpg

Just not sure where.. The lower back seems to be so 'cliche' by now.. :? but on the other hand that's a place that I'm sure I'll never get fat and ugly, kwim? :lol: (So my front is out of question; I doubt that with 60 I'll look like now with 30! LOL)

Wow, those are some cool tattoo pictures. I don't have any tattoos, but a friend of mine who owns a skin care and massage therapy business once offered makeup tattooing. (I have another friend who looked into it for her business, but decided against it because of high insurance rates.) I have seen a lot of people with tattooed eyebrows, eyeliner, and lips, but i've never seen any that didn't look harsh. The lips would be a cool idea if they could be stained to be just slightly darker than a natural lipcolor, but I never really saw the point of tattooing on makeup, since trends and looks change constantly. Also I've heard of some cases of eyelash loss and swellling/infection, from the eyeliner tattoos. That's just a really sensitive area. The best eyebrow tattooing that I have seen was on Asian clients who have it done in their countries.

Resurrecting an old thread.. These are mine:

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1433857938.233599.jpg

Upper sanskrit: what doesn't kill u makes u stronger

Below: my star sign (sagittarius) and my husband and late father's (virgo)

ImageUploadedBySoap Making1433857961.683400.jpg

Wedding date in roman

Anyone else have them?

I have 1 tattoo (so far )
In my neck ( going from the front of my neck to my ear )

My beloved is mine
and I am his

( refering to Song of Solomon 2:16 )
It is on the left side of my neck, so when I get married to the love of my live ( who this tattoo is ment for ) As we hold hands and before his eyes cross mine, he will read the text :)

I don't have one yet, but I'm going to get one soon in remembrance of my late cousin. Here's what it will look like.

1433868954080.jpg

I have two and plan on getting another one as soon as I figure out what I want. I know I want something on my wrist with my two grandchildren's names. I have a columbine (my daughter & 2 step-daughters all have the same one) on my ankle and a large rose floral on my right shoulder.

I have 3. One on my wrist that's the ALS sign for I love you. That's for my sister that is deaf. One on my ankle that is a paw print with a heart around it for all the dogs I have ever had and the 2 that I still have and my one cat that I had. The third one is on my other leg. It literally takes up the entire outer thigh down to just above my ankle. It is a male and female ruby throated hummingbirds with branches and cherry blossom flowers. Hummingbirds are absolutely one of the most amazing things to me and the cherry blossoms are for someone that I love with all my heart that was part of my life for a very short time but will never ever be forgotten.

Edit to add.....I got all these tattoos almost 2 years ago. I'm in my 40's and my Mom still gave me crap for getting them. She is not a fan of them.

Last edited:
I have one - a phoenix on my left shoulder to remind me that every ending is also the beginning of something new. I have wanted to get a new one for some time now but can't justify the cost yet. I want to get a steampunk dragon on my right shoulder guarding her hatchling.

I saw this one on a girl once and had to laugh. This is not her so I imagine she wasn't the one that thought of it.

11192821_756707507761454_1313601451_n.jpg

I just have one, which I got many moons ago when the rest of the guys on my team got one. We thought the typical beret/dagger was a little on the nose, especially when we were where bragging would have been bad. Instead we opted for an Eagle.

I have a terribly ugly one from being a wild teenage, given to me by a bad ex-boyfriend. It was supposed to be a celtic cross but looks more like a dotted, fuzzy anchor. I've thought about getting it corrected or removed, but I like to have a reminder that there are very damaged/damaging people out there that should be avoided. There is simply no fixing crazy.

I don't have any, but I want to get some. Unfortunately, I probably never will. (It's a Mormon thing.) However, I would like to get a tiny peace sign on my right ear, a tiny heart on my left ear and a tiny light bulb on my middle finger. Why? To represent Peace, Love and Understanding. (I am the queen of flipping the bird.) I also want to get a "U" about three inches above my ankle on my right leg. Why? Because "I've got U under my shin." I also want to get a "CTR" shield, which would be the ultimate irony. CTR stands for "choose the right." I like to call it the Mormon "WWJD." We're counseled not to get tattoos, so I want to get a "choose the right" tattoo so I always remember to "follow the prophet." I think I'm going to hell.

@Balloons ha, we (me n husband) managed to hide ours from our moms till this day. They could die standing if they found out. As moslems i dont think tattoos are allowed, but who cares, it's b/w me and god.

This stuff is pretty addictive our next one is going to be done by this guy (instagram.com/twinmonkeytattoo). We simply fell in love with his designs as we love tribals, black n white, and all those weird languages. Waitlisted 5 months means there's time to save for the $$$

My daughter has her favorite song lyrics written in Armenian (dad's heritage) and I have Lola Bunny (from Space Jam). My DH thinks Lola is the sexiest female ever so he encouraged me to get it at the same time he was getting his second, lol. DH got his first tat when he was 40. His mom saw it and said "how are you going to feel about it when you're old?" He told her "Mom, I'm FOURTY! I'm already headed toward OLD!" Point being, if you want a tat, do it. You're never too old!

I have two, a spray of three roses that goes 3/4 the way up my right calf that I got when I was fifteen. My best friend was learning to tat at the time, did it with a handmade gun, and just needs recolored, really, or maybe added to. Honestly, I'm 40 and still happy with it.

The one on my right shoulder was supposed to be a white tiger crawling down my skin that I drew myself. Did that one at 18, first 'pro' tattoo, the artist totally botched it and I have hated it from the time I first laid my eyes on it. Always wanted to get it covered up, but it will take something pretty large and I've just always lived with it. My drawing was perfect and amazing, the tattoo....mmm..notsomuch.

Tattoos can definitely be addicting, but after the second bad experience I stopped cold. I always say one day I'll get it fixed but at 40, I'm guessing I probably will never get around to it.

You all are inspiring me, I've been wanting to get a few for some time now but worried I was getting to old for them. Since I'm not quite 40 yet I'm thinking it's just about time!

I want to get a nautical compass for my dad who passed away, we spent a lot of time on boats together. And a bunch of calla lilies with several tiger swallowtail butterflies, the big yellow and black ones you see flying around in CA right about now. Those are my favorite flowers (my daughter's name is Lily) and a symbolic creature for me.

It's kinda fascinating to see all the different taste and styles. I think tats are very personal, it's yer body, do what you will. Who cares what other ppl think.

I've been wanting one for years, but since i've no idea what kind of husband i will get, i waited. I got my answer now, lol..

This is my hubby's:
ImageUploadedBySoap Making1433920574.292595.jpg

Warning: the pain is addictive

I have:
A small piece of flash of a dragon curled up sleeping, that was my first piece at 18

The autobot symbol fashioned to look like a brand on my upper left arm

a sleeve consisting of a pair of koi circling each other around a water lilly flowing into a serpentine western dragon wrapped around my lower arm on the right

and a whole mess of piercings

Last edited:
Back