Need the most gentle soap recipe ever

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was a teenager, I was in a bad motorcycle accident. The left size of my face was a complete sore. The doctors gave me a prescription cream that is the only ting I put for 9 months. And beside the stiches, nobody ever hardly noticed them after that time.

So the best advice, wait for the doctor's advice.

Genny's Shampoo Bar recipe would also make a great candidate. Instead of using it as a shampoo bar, I use it as my go-to gentle body-bar formula, only I sub out the soybean oil for either sunflower or safflower oil. The cleansing number shows up as zero on SoapCalc.

IrishLass :)

Can we use the dual lye method so it cures faster? Dual lye will also increase bubbles. As a body. Will dual lye be ok for a shampoo bar too? Thanks

As a fire survivor with third degree burns on my skin (age 10 at the time, burns were awful, but the scar is not as bad as it could be), I highly recommend gifting her a basket with the following vitamin E-rich items: A bottle of Wheat Germ Oil with vitamin E supplement capsules to apply directly to the scar (with instructions to puncture a capsule and apply the oil directly to the scar as desired), and a variety of RAW (not roasted, but raw) nuts and seeds including sunflower seeds, hazel nuts, and almonds, plus mangoes, avocados, broccoli, a small bottle of organic wheat germ oil and a small bottle of sunflower oil, and some organic spinach. All these food items are rich in the entire family of 8 types or forms of vitamin E, which are necessary for a complete balanced vitamin E consumption.

My plastic surgeon told me to apply the vitamin E oil from supplement capsules to my 3rd degree burn scars at least 3 times per day to reduce scarring. Of course this was after the skin had healed beyond the open wounds stage. That was when I was 10 years old. Later after surgery on my feet many years later, my nutritionist gave me organic wheat germ oil capsules for the same purpose to apply and rub into the scars on my feet to reduce scarring. As someone whose skin keloids, I can attest to the fact that the vitamin E oil did greatly reduce the scarring and this is why I highly recommend gifting these items to burn survivors.

Can we use the dual lye method so it cures faster? Dual lye will also increase bubbles. As a body. Will dual lye be ok for a shampoo bar too? Thanks

I've never tried it with dual lye, but I'm pretty sure it'll be okay.

For what it's worth, the soap formula using only one lye (NaOH) lathers up quite nicely for me with wonderful bubbly/creamy lather, which totally surprised me seeing as how it doesn't have any coconut or PKO in it. Because of how wonderfully and easily it lathers, I stopped making Castile's as my go-to, gentle body-bar formula, and make Genny's shampoo formula instead. It doesn't end up as super rock-hard as a Castile does after a year's cure (it's hard, but not as hard), but I don't mind because it is gentle and the lather is far superior to that of a Castile, and doesn't produce any slimy snot. lol

IrishLass :)

Thank you

As a fire survivor with third degree burns on my skin (age 10 at the time, burns were awful, but the scar is not as bad as it could be), I highly recommend gifting her a basket with the following vitamin E-rich items: A bottle of Wheat Germ Oil with vitamin E supplement capsules to apply directly to the scar (with instructions to puncture a capsule and apply the oil directly to the scar as desired), and a variety of RAW (not roasted, but raw) nuts and seeds including sunflower seeds, hazel nuts, and almonds, plus mangoes, avocados, broccoli, a small bottle of organic wheat germ oil and a small bottle of sunflower oil, and some organic spinach. All these food items are rich in the entire family of 8 types or forms of vitamin E, which are necessary for a complete balanced vitamin E consumption.

My plastic surgeon told me to apply the vitamin E oil from supplement capsules to my 3rd degree burn scars at least 3 times per day to reduce scarring. Of course this was after the skin had healed beyond the open wounds stage. That was when I was 10 years old. Later after surgery on my feet many years later, my nutritionist gave me organic wheat germ oil capsules for the same purpose to apply and rub into the scars on my feet to reduce scarring. As someone whose skin keloids, I can attest to the fact that the vitamin E oil did greatly reduce the scarring and this is why I highly recommend gifting these items to burn survivors.

Thank you for sharing what must have been a terrible and horrifying experience with me and the whole forum... My heart hurts very much for your 10 year old self.

Her burns make up about 27% of her body.

https://www.gofundme.com/HeatherFlasch

She is really doing very well, and maintains a sunny and positive attitude; she's an inspiration to all those that know her.

I love your ideas, thank you again.

Thank you

When I was a teenager, I was in a bad motorcycle accident. The left size of my face was a complete sore. The doctors gave me a prescription cream that is the only ting I put for 9 months. And beside the stiches, nobody ever hardly noticed them after that time.

So the best advice, wait for the doctor's advice.

I'm so sorry to hear of your accident. How horrible for you.

Thanks for the advice- I totally agree, and will do so.

I did a bastile for a friend that was 90% olive, 5% castor, and 5% coconut. I used a 40% duel lye concentration and it was very hard at 8 weeks and had a nice lather, too. As far as "cures" faster--well, that's a relative term.

Latest posts

Back