So, I added paprika to my hazelnut coffee

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It was completely by accident and since I didn't want to waste coffee, I'm drinking it as we speak. So far, I think I taste more of the cinnamon I also added to the grounds.

Have any of you ever added spices to your coffee when brewing it? Have any of you ever made mistakes like what I've done? I can promise that adding cinnamon (and personally clove for my liking) to regular grounds tastes yummy.

Cool! Do you like it enough to do it on purpose next time?

I like to add my homemade masala chai concentrate to coffee (which contains cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom, fennel, pepper and black tea). And vanilla, too. Who says one can't have tea mixed with coffee? lol

IrishLass :)

Cool! Do you like it enough to do it on purpose next time?

I like to add my homemade masala chai concentrate to coffee (which contains cinnamon, ginger, cloves, cardamom, fennel, pepper and black tea). And vanilla, too. Who says one can't have tea mixed with coffee? lol

IrishLass :)

The spices in chai do have a nice ring to unflavored coffee, so to speak. I think I should try that. It certainly sounds like an interesting treat.

I'm still not adding paprika to coffee again. I love that spice but I like it on my chicken or deviled eggs. I could also just not like the coffee. It is cheap coffee.

Every once in a while I sprinkle salt on the grounds, it helps to soften some bitterness. I also usually add flavored creamer so all benefits of the salt are lost anyway.

My husband uses salt and sugar on the rare occasions he drinks coffee. It works, but I think I'm more likely to stop using sugar than exchange cream for salt.

Every once in a while I sprinkle salt on the grounds, it helps to soften some bitterness. I also usually add flavored creamer so all benefits of the salt are lost anyway.

My husband uses salt and sugar on the rare occasions he drinks coffee. It works, but I think I'm more likely to stop using sugar than exchange cream for salt.

I don't really use salt too much but I could try it sometime.

You only need a dash, either in the grounds or in your cup. A little it definitely goes a long way

mmm Amaretto, my favorite liquor.

I add all type of crazy things to coffee including spices, specially sweet stuff. And not limited to crush soda cracker, and cereal with shredded cheese. Oh and musli, I love musli in my coffee with honey.

When I met my hubby back in the day he asked me if I was pregnant ..... ha ha!

Coffee + Almond Milk + Amaretto :) gets my heart started in the AM! I have an auntie who does a shot of bourbon every morning. She turned 104 on her last birthday.

I will never try this. I make it practice not to have tree nuts or their products in my home, especially since my daughter is allergic. The shame of it is the recipe piques my interest. The AM bourbon shot... I wish but my system's too sensitive for that. Bourbon... yum.

SunRise, I've had those moments.

Latest posts

Back