Molds and dairy allergies

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aab1

Reaction score
Someone wants to borrow some molds but I sell my soaps as vegan/dairy free, should I tell her I don't want her to use any dairy products in them in case I have a customer with a sensitive dairy allergy?

Allergies aside, I don't think I'd loan what amounts to capital for your business. Hobby stuff among friends is one thing, business is quite another.

I agree with BG. There are plenty of things out there to use for molds if you don't want to buy any. I personally just ate a whole can of Pringles to get to the mold :sick:

I agree with all that was said. Plus, you already know how sensitive some people's allergies can be. Would you really want to risk your $$$ and rapport by lending a mold to someone else?

I'm with the consensus. You have some tight restrictions on how these molds are to be used. What if the other person makes a lard soap even without dairy in it? If the other person doesn't heed your rules, I'm guessing you will be pretty unhappy.

Even if you didn't have restrictions on ingredients, it's just never a good idea to lend important tools to another person. You may not get them back at all, they may come back dirty or damaged, or you may not get them back when you need them. And what will that do to your relationship with the other person?

Sour cream and onion and I had to hide the cheese ones because they're making me sick just looking at them. Blech! But I want the mold! And I can't just throw them away!

Ugh, all that salt... I don't recall seeing them often in Dollar Tree but if I get Pringles from there, the garbage pail will have a tasty snack. I've still have yet to use a Pringle Can Mold for soap but it's on my list.

^^^There is plastic liner over the foil, which some say is sufficient to prevent mishap. But it's easy enough to curl freezer paper inside without the risk. It doesn't even need to be taped. The metallic bottom needs to be cut sooner or later anyway, so remove it before starting, turn the can upside down, and duct tape the plastic lid on to prevent leaking. If you ate a second can (ahem), you can use that lid for the top.

They're great molds when you want cylindrical, vertical, or round soaps!

Latest posts

Back