Caution Buying From Essential Depot

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pims

Reaction score
I recently contacted Essential Depot for a customer service issue regarding a price adjustment on a previously placed order due to a sale I missed by days (I purchased just before the sale) and never heard back. I followed up and still never received a response. Both emails were friendly and brief. This was for their soap curing racks - an order that cost me a couple of hundred dollars with shipping to Canada.

I rarely if ever have issues with suppliers and have NEVER not heard back from a supplier.

So I feel it's fair to warn others since there seems to be no communication whatsoever possible with Essential Depot.

In general - they have good prices, usually decent quality, but they aren't known for their customer service. That's been my experience anyway.
I liken them to Fry's Electronics here on the US west coast - if you know exactly what you want and are knowledgeable about it you can get great deals, but don't expect any advice or help.

To be fair to them, they have so many sales I'm sure that letters like yours come a LOT, and answering is problematic because everyone wants the sale that they missed. Whats a good answer? Say no and alienate a customer? Say yes and make the sale dates invalid?

Last edited:
I don't have it in for them and as a business owner myself I believe in giving businesses the benefit of the doubt. But in my humble opinion an indisputably wrong response is no response. Particularly given their printed customer service statement which I have copied and pasted from their website:

Customer Service
Our customer service goal is simple: We are committed to providing our customers total satisfaction. Every time. Guaranteed.

If your question is not answered online below, use our online live chat support, email us at...

Please feel free to drop us a line to share your thoughts on the site, all comments welcomed.

I have been on their site dozens of times and have yet to see their Live Chat function appear online. It is always shown as offline.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back