Vegetarian or carnivore?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are your food habits?

• Total voters
Bodies don't cannibalise themselves in the absence of animal protein, it is much more likely that something else was going on. A nutritional shift will often cause the body to have to adjust, but there isn't a shred of credible evidence that suggests a vegan diet is not healthy (or even not much healthier than one containing animal products). The only thing you need to supplement because of it's unavailability in a plant based diet is Vitamin B12, which used to be available in all sorts of food, including our drinking water, but isn't any longer due to the constant sterilisation of our food and drink (B12 is a bacteria).

A good source of information, if your interested in reading credible scientific evidence, is Dr Michael Greger's excellent and informative site www.nutritionfacts.org. Another excellent website is www.carnism.org. There is an excellent presentation by Dr Melanie Joy who presents the concept of 'carnism'. I would urge you to have a look.

Those of you who have tried vegetarianism or evan veganism - well done! It's a very positive step. It's a sad fact that the odds are stacked against those who want to make the only choice that is truly right, because of our upbringing, our culture, what we have been taught, the negativity of others, not to mention having it constantly 'fed' to us that eating animal products is normal, natural, and necessary. It is absolutely none of these things. Good luck to those of you who still intend to open your eyes, choose not to look away, and make the connection.

Last edited:
Odd that in the thread in liquid soap started by you, you ask us to go easy on you as you are new, and yet you necro this thread in order to tear a strip from those of us who eat meat! Frankly, you can forget any chance of being treated with kid gloves by me when you start shoving your particular view of the world down my throat.

Edited to add - how is eating meat not natural when it was a key part of early life? We now have the luxury of being able to eat vegetarian or vegan the whole year round, but before transport and storage was what it is, not to mention farming and harvesting methods, it was just simply not possible for vast areas of the world.

Last edited:
Sebonllyd, with all due respect, we are going to have to agree to disagree. I don't find either of the 2 sources you mentioned to be scientifically credible, but rather more along the line of propagandists with a specific agenda, in spite of their titles of 'Dr.' attached to their names. For what its worth, I confess that I used to eagerly espouse much the same kind of things they (and you) espouse before reality stepped in and had its way with me.

I truly respect your choice to be vegan, but to insist that it is the only choice that is truly right (for everyone), and/or that anyone's ill-health suffered while under a vegetarian/vegan diet was more likely caused by something other than their vegetarian/vegan diet, is a bit of a stretch to say the very least, and provably wrong at best, not to mention disrespectful and condescending to any here on the forum that have truly suffered ill-health under either a vegetarian or vegan diet- especially since you are not our doctor, nor are privy to our personal medical histories/records. Nor have you walked in our shoes.

Please extend to us the same courtesy that you ask us to extend to yourself.

IrishLass :)

You lost me with "B12 is a bacteria".
It's an insult to everyone who's reasonably educated.
You can believe in anything you find on the Internet and you can have your views, stop shoving it in our faces please, this is not a place to do so. And it's disrespectful.

Little anatomy/metabolism lesson: all foods, more or less are made from SAME atoms/molecules. They all get catabolised after eating and made into whatever our body needs. Minus odd minerals and vitamins but that's pretty much it. How exactly are certain foods better or worse for us???

This is what i had seen Fuzz-juzz , I have to watch my B12 vitamin levels due being on metformin. With all due respect Sebonilyd knows nothing.
Vegan diet is so bad for diabetics that long life vegans go back to meat and fat. Vegan diet contains too much carbs to be good, We all know carbs are immediately converted to glucose and the extra sugar goes into storage, which means fat. I know a quiet number of diabetics type 2 who started to eat meat , it is easier to control the disease, and it is not easy disease.
I hate the treads like that.

Wow, just wow. B12 is not a bacteria, it is an organic compound known as a vitamin.

The open your eyes comments seem unfounded, clearly human dental records very clearly and without a doubt show we are Omnivores.

So with that, it comes down to personal opinion and preference. I prefer to not eat leaves.

Oh dear! I was not aware I was being disrespectful or condescending to anyone, nor was I shoving my particular view of the world down anyone's throat. I was certainly not tearing a strip off those who eat meat.

I am a little surprised that my comments, which were only meant to present information from my perspective, have generated such defensiveness. I am interested in the topic, and the OP had asked about it.

I won't attempt to respond to any of the comments as I don't want a debate, and certainly not an argument. I never intended to upset anyone, although I'm aware this does happen when people are indirectly encouraged to consider their own choices. I appreciate that diet is absolutely that - personal choice.

I'd like to close this conversation down now, and to wish you all the very best.

Maybe we should stick to the soap, this is a second tread lately, We are here to share our good and bad days, our creations. I am not coming here, to be judged ......... I am on few forums and so often I see threads like that, then vegan start to convince everyone to their "religion" It is crazy trend.
I had worked in dental laboratory for 7 years and of course, i had learned about the build of teeth and the reason to have them.
Why do you think Sebonllyd we have canine teeth?
The molars are to crush the veggies but canine?

Yes, thank you! It is personalised choice.
We are not going around vegan forums promoting eating animal product because of "respect" in other people's choices.
If we did, we would find exactly the same reactions, defensiveness etc... trying to change what people are believing in doesn't always go to well.

You wanna talk soap, we can do that and you're welcome to the forum!

Oh dear! I was not aware I was being disrespectful or condescending to anyone, nor was I shoving my particular view of the world down anyone's throat. I was certainly not tearing a strip off those who eat meat.

I am a little surprised that my comments, which were only meant to present information from my perspective, have generated such defensiveness. I am interested in the topic, and the OP had asked about it.

I won't attempt to respond to any of the comments as I don't want a debate, and certainly not an argument. I never intended to upset anyone, although I'm aware this does happen when people are indirectly encouraged to consider their own choices. I appreciate that diet is absolutely that - personal choice.

I'd like to close this conversation down now, and to wish you all the very best.

Please read -
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=9333

Back