Soap/Lye Calculators; A guide

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you find this post helpful?

• Total voters
I'm using soapee as well. It's has pretty much the same functionality as soapcalc but a more modern layout that I find to be much more clearly arranged.

Susie I know!!! It's awesome. I like how you can also save a copy of a current recipe if you want to reduce or enlarge your recipe.

I have a habit of using soapcalc more than soapee. I like them both all the same but I find soapee to be a little more work in some aspects. Don't know why.

Well, I would actually like to throw my Soap Calculator into the mix. It's currently BETA, but the calculator functions and has all the common oils. All I need to do is update the Donut Chart to give a live reading of soap properties, the print style sheet and fix the soap presets (though this will only set values for you, anyway). I'll have this done in a few days.

However, I think I'm in the running for the "modern, easy to use design". Everything is available on one page, yet *much* less cluttered.

http://www.sapo.space

Well, I would actually like to throw my Soap Calculator into the mix. It's currently BETA, but the calculator functions and has all the common oils. All I need to do is update the Donut Chart to give a live reading of soap properties, the print style sheet and fix the soap presets (though this will only set values for you, anyway). I'll have this done in a few days.

However, I think I'm in the running for the "modern, easy to use design". Everything is available on one page, yet *much* less cluttered.

http://www.sapo.space
How about lye concentration, or water as a percentage of the lye?

How about lye concentration, or water as a percentage of the lye?

I have lye concentration implemented (click on the Water Calculation button), but water as percent of lye? The ratio covers that, just used differently; 1.25:1 would be 125%.

Edit: It's blocking the double value in the ratio atm, not sure why right this second..have to take my son to a birthday party and will fix it when I get home

Last edited:
kk I'm really confused I have managed to get my oils in where i want them to be but im having problems with the lye and water part not sure what I am doing wrong other then puter doesnt seem to like that site. Any way I cant seem to figure out how much water and lye i need to use. Am I not clicking or entering something that I should????? Thanks Di

When you click "print/view" recipe, you will see the lye and water amounts.

Hi! The lye that I am ordering is 98.5% pure. Will it do? IF so what changes should I make to the recipes since most assume 100% pure lye? I use SoapCalc.

In Soapee....is it me or does the logins with FB and G+ do not work?

thanks

Cassi I believe you have to create your own login. I don't remember the option of login with FB or G+

Edit: I went back and I guess I never saw that you could. I don't know how to fix that one. Sorry.

Silly question fir someone new! If a recipe is 40 % 25 % 25% and 10%
How do you make that ounces??

Back