Aussie Girls - Oils

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To ask a silly question for euclytus oil in soaps, can you just use the double d stuff that you get at the shops and everyone has been using for donkeys years or does it need to be a specail essetial/fragance oil?

Craftyrose - I have been wondering that also. I have a bottle at home that I use dilute and use for cleaning some messes etc. Thanks for asking this.. hope someone knowledgable chimes in.

I just used some, so I guess we will find out if it does something wrong. I used it was some fragance oils and I can say I know was acceleration is. Man went from the trace I put the oils in to a very thick trace in the time it took me to turn around and put dirties in the cean up bucket.

By the time I got the cupcake tray I bought for "extras" I tried to play with the top and the silicone spatula could cut the surface.

You can use the "supermarket" eucalyptus oil as long as it's 100% pure. I've used Bosistos Euc. Oil and it was just fine. :wink:

Bubbles Galore said:
You can use the "supermarket" eucalyptus oil as long as it's 100% pure. I've used Bosistos Euc. Oil and it was just fine. :wink:
Yep says pure and 100% on it so I am assuming it is 100% oil. Will be interested to see how this soap turns out.

I got Cobram Australian VOO 4 litres today for $12.50 at Coles. Half price. It is quite a dark green, in a plastic bottle. Bought 2 bottles although I still haven't worked my way through all my OO from the last time I bought some on sale.

I have Eureka 100% Lavender oil and "Thursday Plantation" Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic 100% pure multipurpose liquid. Active Ingredient: Melaleuca Oil 1ml/ml.

I am assuming it is safe to use these?

Woolies have Rice Bran Oil on special this week at 4 litres for $12.99.

Dotty, I think its safe to use the above.

Cheap SHea Butter

Hello Blossoms,

Sydney Essential Oil Co. Have a special on (short expiry) Shea Nut Butter (Certified Organic) expiry date is June 2012. 50% discount so the price is $63.25 for 5kg. In addition, orders over $220 will receive a $50 discount and this is valid for this Easter Weekend until 9am Tuesday morning. Two free samples with each order too.

I placed an order same time last year to get the $50 discount and was very happy with their products and service. :D

http://www.seoc.com.au/

Only just found this and its already to late. 10.45am Tuesday. :cry:

Hi all Aussies,
Im new here and looking to connect in with the australian soapers- is there a general thread for aussie chit chat or anything like that? Reading through this one I'm glad to see everyone uses the Mechanix and supermarket OO. I hardly ever see Red Island on special, but OMG it makes such a nicer bar of soap IMO. Anyway, 'hi" and hope to see you around.
Tab

No there is no special section for Aussie chat, we just join in with everyone else all over the world. Sometimes like this section someone will start a thread to help people with supplies and such like or things us Aussies would like to know.
My sister and bil were in BH a couple of weeks ago, on there way from Coffs Harbour down south and over the Nullabor to WA, they're back in SA now. Long trip.

I stock up on olive oil in Aldi, $15.99 four litre tin. Use Copha for coconut oil replacement works great :)
Look at 'the organic witch' based in the USA but has got great oils and brilliant service.

You can also buy pomace when on special at green grocers between $9 - $10 for 4 litres. Copha is great for a quick option but works out quite expensive when making a lot of soap and its not 100% CO, it has some soy bean oil in it.

Back