Where do you buy your lye???

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorsondn

Reaction score
I know that you can get it from hardware stores but I would like to buy some in bulk to get a better price than $5/lb. Thanks for your help!

I buy mine for $3/lb at the hardware store. But you can get it from Essential Depot and Bittercreek North.

I bought from Essential Depot the last time I bought lye and got it on sale. It was a really good price but shipping will add onto the expense. I suggest you compare the prices to see which is more economical. You still might be better off buying it at the hardware store.

I got it from essential depot during their last sale. With shipping it worked out to about $2/lb. Other good sources, depending on where you live, are Duda Diesel, AAA chemical, the lye guy, Ingredients to Die For, and soapgoods. You'll do better if you can buy in bulk.

:D Hey everybody. I know this is an older post, but, I thought this might help. I buy my lye in 50# bags at a pool supply store for $1/#. Check out Pool Supply stores, their great and will even load your car. I get my lye in flakes instead of beads. It's a lot easier to handle and measure out. When I get home I get my 9 gallon glass jars and fill them up with the lye. This works great for me.

Well, I hope this helps.

Happy soaping,

cleanheart :D

Back