Cucumber in Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibbles

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are still getting cucumbers from the garden, and I pureed and strained some today. I have some lovely juice chilling in the refrigerator that I plan to use in soap. Something new to try. One question for those of you that have used cucumber is what can I expect as far as color change? Trying to figure out a plan. Oh, and one more question - did it speed things up or pretty much act normally? I'm planning to do a double batch, and I can make it in two parts (one with cucumber and one without) if that would be a helpful thing to do.

It didn't speed up trace at all, seemed to behave normally. Can't help with color, I used a little green mica in mine. If it does discolor at all, it probably would be minor as my soap is quite light colored.

It's been awhile since I made a cucumber soap but from what I remember, I mixed my lye with half of the water and added the other half in cucumber puree to my oils. I pureed some of the skin so I had little green bits in my soap. There was no acceleration or anything & the green specks didn't turn brown.

Adding a bit of chromium green oxide, green mica or even french green clay can add some color for you. I did this long ago as puree into oils and included the green skin which with time will turn tanish.

I've made the soap. No problems with the added cucumber. The FO though. Moved so fast I was lucky to get it in the mold. So it's not at all what I envisioned, but does smell good. Everyone who asks for soap will have to take a bar of this along with what they want.

Latest posts

Back