Anyone in the path of Irma

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumbleklutz

Reaction score
Just wanted to say to any of my other Florida soapers in the path of Irma to be safe and take care. It looks like she's going to be an unpredictable storm. I live in a non-evacuation zone; so I am going to be riding it out. I'm in St. Petersburg, we're expecting heavy wind and tons of rain; but I'm confident everything will be ok.

Good Luck! I'm in the Atlanta GA area and it's coming right for us. The stores are nearly empty around here... no bottled water... no gas (except for premium)... it's crazy. They're saying it'll still be a tropical storm when it hits us...we're going to get 4-6in of torrential rain with sustained 60mph winds. We'll probably lose power from downed trees and maybe some roof damage if the winds are that high. I'm not personally worried in the least, but it's going to be a monster storm. All those staying behind in FL and riding it out have my prayers.

Good Luck! I'm in the Atlanta GA area and it's coming right for us. The stores are nearly empty around here... no bottled water... no gas (except for premium)... it's crazy. They're saying it'll still be a tropical storm when it hits us...we're going to get 4-6in of torrential rain with sustained 60mph winds. We'll probably lose power from downed trees and maybe some roof damage if the winds are that high. I'm not personally worried in the least, but it's going to be a monster storm. All those staying behind in FL and riding it out have my prayers.

Gotta say it's a good thing that Irma wasn't a week earlier, when there were a few tens of thousands of extra people around Atlanta for DragonCon. We have friends who live down in Houston, Harvey rolled in just in time to cause them to miss it. Luckily, the flooding only made it just to the top of their driveway. In a stunningly ironic twist, they had stuff they put into storage to keep it safe... and the storage facility flooded up to the roof.

And it looks like Irma's little brother Jose is poised to follow her in. At least Katia didn't spin up into yet another hurricane. Everyone stay safe out there.

bumbleklutz I wish you well. My mom lives in Lake Wales and just drove back to Iowa, arrived today. My daughter and I had flights to Orlando today to get her and drive her home, needless to say those flights were canceled so she drove up without us. You are all in my prayers

I'm doing a visual meditation with a large group of like-minded people that Irma will power down from a 5 hurricane to a 1 tropical storm. Our son and DIL recently moved to Fort Myers. They've elected to batten down the hatches and wait it out at home. Irma is due to pass through there sometime Monday morning according to the latest report. Nothing to do on this end but hope and pray. The good news is, they are in a rental home; the bad news is, they just moved all their furniture from CO to FL weekend before last.

I'm in Orlando. Was going right across us, but as of this Sunday AM - track has moved more to the west. Still early - we'll see what happens, House all boarded up, plenty of food and water! Anyone else that is in the path - Be safe!

As of Sunday morning, it looks like its going to come directly over us; but it's also wobbling around. It's hard to say where it will end up. Everyone stay safe, and be kind to each other.

I am from St. Pete but currently live in Bronson, looks like it's gonna go right over St. Pete, and there's a possibility we will have the eye pretty close to us here in Bronson. So far lots of wind and rain, power has blipped a few times, but hasn't gone out for good yet, but probably will anytime time now. It's supposed to start getting bad after midnight. I am just glad it has weakened substantially over the last few hours!

I'm doing a visual meditation with a large group of like-minded people that Irma will power down from a 5 hurricane to a 1 tropical storm. Our son and DIL recently moved to Fort Myers. They've elected to batten down the hatches and wait it out at home. Irma is due to pass through there sometime Monday morning according to the latest report. Nothing to do on this end but hope and pray. The good news is, they are in a rental home; the bad news is, they just moved all their furniture from CO to FL weekend before last.
All clear in Fort Myers. Irma came through earlier this evening as a level 2 hurricane. Our son called around 10:00 PM EDT to say the worst of it was over and they were going to bed and assess damage in the morning. They had a lot of wind but no flooding. The water only reached half way up their front lawn. Deo gratias.

My brother was on the worst part of the path, but then the storm moved to the west. I have not heard from him, but I expect for him and his family to be ok.

Prayers to all .

Everything's ok here. Lost an avocado tree in the back yard and a large limb out of the jacaranda in the front yard; but otherwise all is good.

Latest posts

Back