What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Mooicle, here... I'm using a phone, too.. Is this not what you're seeing?
sketch-1562088208607.png

No, but it does look quite right! Too much thicker and your soap will fall apart. I think you hit the right amount of perfect for this one.

I ordered an over the door shoe organizer from Amazon (because I could get free shipping and I was too lazy to leave the house and go to WalMart), so that came in the mail yesterday. I hung it on my soap dungeon door and organized all of my colors into the pockets. Freed up half of my cabinet, so now I'm shopping for a better shelf to replace the two cabinets in that space. Much more fun than doing dishes.

Ok that is good to know on the mica line..didn't even consider how it could not bond if it was too thick.

That is a good idea on the shoe organizer!!! I will have to try that too...although I don't have very many colors at this point...

@Mooicle, here... I'm using a phone, too.. Is this not what you're seeing?
View attachment 40085

I am very sad now because that doesn't come up on my phone, tablet or computer... I just get a boring blank box with nothing to customize my messages at all. I guess I could ask my hubby about it, but he will just roll his eyes about how much I want emojis! (picture emoji here with only eyes and no mouth)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just cut my first ever attempt at a mica line soap. Used gold glitter and put some on top. I could stand here and cut soap for hours and get really caught up in how cool this whole thing is! Making soap I mean...
Notice the parchment now lining my baking sheets (insert smile emoji if I could find them)

Guess the mica line isn't as thick as I thought it would be (insert thoughtful emoji here since I can't)

View attachment 40084
That's quite wonderful!

Tried out the heat transfer method since I'm out of masterbatched lye solution...I like it! Combined with my newfound love of whisking to emulsion and then stick blending each color individually (thanks Ophelia's Soapery), I think I'll be able to do some nice things with it. Made a 'luxe' loaf today with babassu, avocado, and cocoa butter - wanted to see how it compares to my standard bar. And it was an excuse to make another loaf of my favorite scent ever - Nurture's Caramel and Honey. YUM.

Combined with my newfound love of whisking to emulsion and then stick blending each color individually (thanks Ophelia's Soapery),
Doh! I should give this a whirl with my recipe....

What's "the heat transfer method?"
You use the fresh mixed HOT lye to melt your hard oils/butters. Basically measure all your oils in a bowl, add the hot lye and stir until everything is melted, then you can use your stick blender to blend to emulsion/trace.

Doh! I should give this a whirl with my recipe....

You use the fresh mixed HOT lye to melt your hard oils/butters. Basically measure all your oils in a bowl, add the hot lye and stir until everything is melted, then you can use your stick blender to blend to emulsion/trace.
Oh! My friend, Laurie Teason does this - it actually amazes and scares me a little!

I have figured it out!!!!!:dance:
It was a setting under my account!!! I am a happy camper...I relate this happy encounter to my soapy thing I did today, which was to cut my soap...and I keep smelling it every time I walk past...it is now my favorite scent.
:videovisit::winner::hippo::cool:

I have figured it out!!!!!:dance:
It was a setting under my account!!! I am a happy camper...I relate this happy encounter to my soapy thing I did today, which was to cut my soap...and I keep smelling it every time I walk past...it is now my favorite scent.
:videovisit::winner::hippo::cool:
Woooohoooo!! Welcome to smileys!

I am piping some flowers tonight to use on future soap. I really need to invest in some thinner heat resistant gloves

Woooohoooo!! Welcome to smileys!

I am piping some flowers tonight to use on future soap. I really need to invest in some thinner heat resistant gloves

I am scared to pipe...I have never in my 51 years piped on a cake so I have no abilities (at least that I know of) to do it to soap
:smallshrug:

Great idea for the Micas !
I stole it from someone else. What I would really like to do is create a mica wall like Ophelia's Soapery has, but I don't have the space to spare. When I'm feeling better and have time (crossing fingers for Friday) I'm going to go down to do more organizing with it. I think I can fit the premixed color bottles in the pockets too, which will then free up another drawer in that cabinet. If I can find a new home for the small FO bottles that I have in the drawer, the cabinet will be completely empty, which will free up a bunch of space in my dungeon for a better shelving unit.

Today I am tossing out OLD OLD OLD Fo's that I just don't want. I got them free from someone eons ago and while they are fine, I just don't care for them.
I need to de-clutter my household things in case I find the perfect home so I can just GO GO GO ! lol

Latest posts

Back