Cat names...hmmm....

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which one you like the best??

• Osiris

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clouseau

• cato

• Helaku

• Total voters

IanT

Freemason, Maker, Father, Mover & Shaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
or helios, shiva, anubis, ....

which one do you like the best...just got a kitten who is realll affectionate (and the pics ARE coming at some point lol...)

hes soo cute but i want to give him a good name (and if you havent already been able to tell im into cosmic type of stuff...)

there are so many but i want to choose one with meaning :)

♥ Ifrit ♥

Sorry I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan and Shiva is my gal... so it reminded me of Ifrit... :D

I voted for Clouseau, but that's only because I've always loved the Pink Panther.

Cat's are fun to name. I had a cat once whose name was Salacious Crumb. I named it after a creature in the Return Of The Jedi movie. The creature was a pet of Jabba the Hut that always sat behind him and laughed this weird, funny laugh.

I see you have a picture of the Lion of Judah as your avatar. Maybe you could go with a lion name. Here's a cool site with lion names along with their meanings and origins.

http://lowchensaustralia.com/names/lion.htm

From that site, I kinda like Aslan, Kojishi, Moomba, Mufasa, Regulus, Shishio, Shombay, and Simhanada. Moomba is especially cool because it means 'cute, little lion-like creature'.

IrishLass

I am somewhat an oddball here. I wait until they "tell" me. Of course, you will never know their jellicle name. :lol:

Our one guy was called Mr. Kitty at the rescue place. He was here for some time and his name would not come to me. He is very laid back with a big biscuit head. I kept saying what a mug he had. That was it!!! Mugsy.

We have a very prissy one. She eventually became Lady Girl. :lol:

I tend to go with "M" and "N". :lol: Milo, Mickey, Molly, Niesha, Neutron, Magic, and Max.

Try each of the names out. See which one "fits". He will only hear blah blah blah, food, blah blah, kitty candy, blah blah, fresh nip, blah blah.........

Digit

I agree with Digit. You need to know them for a little while and the name will come.

yeahh i might wait a bit on it :)... hmmmmmm.... i just dont want him to not be able to recognize it if i wait too long lol...
Moomba is coool lol ...

IanT said:
yeahh i might wait a bit on it :)... hmmmmmm.... i just dont want him to not be able to recognize it if i wait too long lol...
Moomba is coool lol ...

Refer back to my last line............. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Digit

Edited to add..I vote for Moomba... (and a mini hijack.)

My cat is Mojo. We got him as a stray when we lived in Mexico, so he is our little Mexicat. He doesn't speak English, but has adapted to our culture's food exceptionally well. We get along with our communication by using hand signals (shoo!) and familiar sounds (food bag.)

He is full of his culture's "Machismo" but tolerates our presence, some days not even making eye contact.

He's a dear cat, full of himself.

Here is Mojo in Mexico.

HPIM2885.jpg

Without meeting the cat, I say Karma if he is laid back & soft around the edges, osiris if he is strong or stubborn.

hes definitely laid back and soft around the edges lol.. I wish I could upload this pic i took on my phone today...he sleeps right next to me and I woke up to him all snuggles up in the cutest position facing me in bed...lol right in the nook of my pillows...soo cute :)

Texas_Bubbly said:
Edited to add..I vote for Moomba... (and a mini hijack.)

My cat is Mojo. We got him as a stray when we lived in Mexico, so he is our little Mexicat. He doesn't speak English, but has adapted to our culture's food exceptionally well. We get along with our communication by using hand signals (shoo!) and familiar sounds (food bag.)

He is full of his culture's "Machismo" but tolerates our presence, some days not even making eye contact.

He's a dear cat, full of himself.

Here is Mojo in Mexico.

HPIM2885.jpg

hehe so the kitty speaks spanish!!!?? thats so cute lol!!...be like venga venga!!!!

I like moomba too :) got to just throw all the names in a hat and see what i get or something.. lol

LOL! I assume he only speaks Spanish, because he has a way of inoring everything I say! :wink:

Yeah all my cats got there names randomly. My big inquisitive black male is Darwin, his little sister is Molly, my "I need to be alone" girl is Emmy and my little boy who isn't so little now is Tidgy Widge (I found him after his mom had abandoned him cause he was close to death. He was half the size he should have been and now is HUGE!!!!! he's a Maine Coon mix)

But then my ferals are Grey Momma, Felix, Big Daddy and the twins are Dumpy and Ling (when they were babies they were really fat and we called them Dumplings!).

You'll figure it out! No worries...Lord knows cats don't like to respond to their names regardless of what you call them. Darwin only responds to "Chunk"...he's 24 pounds. Enough said

Joanne

lol...with my kitten, the minimum weight is lke 20lbs for how big he will get...hes got the norweigian forest cat/ragdoll/something else i forgot mix so hes going to be biiiiiig....which will be cute cause hes real cuddly....I keep feeling like i want to wait til it just come to me, everyone is like name him now!!!....if i go that route im leaning towards karma, moomba or something else...aaaah!

If your anything like me you will rarely call him by his real name anyway. It's always little names that just seem to make sense at the time :D

JOanne

7053joanne said:
If your anything like me you will rarely call him by his real name anyway. It's always little names that just seem to make sense at the time :D JOanne

:lol: :lol: Me, too. Each have a nickname or four. Relax Ian, the name will come. I told Mugsy what a mug he had for nigh on 2 weeks before it occured to me. He will not pay mind unless he wants to, anyway. Like Texas Bubbly said about the sound of the food bag. :lol: Timing (habits) plays a role. If I open the pantry at night, everyone is there for kitty candy, but not during the day.

Whenever I could not find my Molly, all I had to do is sing. She would come running in the room, get in my face, check me out and walk away. I think she was concerned that the queen of the can opener was ailing something fierce which threatened her happiness. :lol: She would freeze if I sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and I could clip all 10 nails. I could call her forever and she would not appear.

Often I babble to the kitties. I have has folks ask me what language it is. :lol: I think it does not matter with kitties. DH is surprised that they seem to respond to what I intend. I believe the tone and projection you give is the crux of the biscuit. Dogs have been shown to have a larger vocabulary, up to 300 words. Cats simply do not care what you have to say. :lol:

Digit

Back