How is this website?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chriss880

Reaction score
Hello all. I am new to soap making and I would like to do it as a small business and a hobby. I would like you to see how it is and please feel free to make suggestions. Www.sarigianissoaps.com[/url]

Welllp. Honestly. Could use a little work. I found some typos on some of your descriptions. You also might thinking about having soaps or at least pictures of soaps on your main page because if I can't immediately find what I am looking for, I tend to get distracted/frustrated and leave.

Also the pictures could be bigger/more staged. Brighter.

You're also not listing the ingredients, at least not anywhere that I can easily find...

Also, all of your testimonials are from "anonymous." That seems strange.

Plus I don't think you are allowed to say things like this:

"Coffee Soap

Yes you read it right, its coffee soap. It may give you caffeine through your skin i don't know. but it smells good. we use kona coffee for this soap. "

or this:

"Oatmeal soap

This is a very moisturizing, and good for sensitive faces. This is even good if you hvae poison ivy, becasue of the oatmeal. This is a new soap."

Okay, well, those are my first impressions. Best of luck to you!

Well, I agree that it needs to be polished up. The soaps are very pretty!

I'm a little confused though. Here you say you are new to soapmaking, but on your website you say you have been making them since 2009? If you are new to soapmaking you really shouldn't be trying to sell until you have thoroughly tested them out. Do you have insurance? Are you licensed?
To me, the wording of the testimonials seem to be the same as the wording in the website. Are these true testimonials? I apologize if that seems rude, but that was the impression I got from reading the website. I would also remove the wording about your soaps being pricey.. $5.00 for a bar of homemade soap, in my opinion isn't pricey.. It seems right in line with other soaps I've seen. But that is kind of a turn off to some people if you yourself thinks your product is on the higher priced side. Again, these are all my personal opinions...

Good luck to you!

I also noticed several errors in spelling and grammar content.

From what I'm reading in your how we make our soap (quoted below) this is melt and pour soap, not CP ... is that correct? I also saw somewhere where you said this is pure glycerin soap without lye ?? I think this statement is IMHO misleading. When CP soap is made the reaction of the fats and oil create soap and there isn't any lye in the finished product. Sort of like when you make cake ... when its done you don't have eggs or flour any more you have a cake. Not meaning to "talk down" to you ... please don't take it as that ...

How we make it

STEP 1. We buy the unscented, uncolored, plain soap blocks in 20 pound bricks.

STEP 2. We melt the soap in pots untill it is all melted with no chunks left.

STEP 3. We add the colors and scents according to the customers orders.

STEP 4. We pour the soap into the molds and then put it in coolers for cooling.

STEP 5. We push the soaps out of the molds and packed in plastic and shipped to the customers.

In your explanation of the surplus soap you say you remelt the wax ??? ... While I understand the concept you are trying to express I personally I wouldn't buy a soap that is advertised as left over scraps! You may want to rethink the soap making process statement. When I have soaps that are rework I call it potourri soap and sell it for a little cheaper ...

May be different colors or other scents it could be half oatmeal half lavender, this soap comes from when we clean out our molds and remelt the extra wax into the regular molds.

You're on the right track, wishing you the best. Hope you'll take everyone's comments to heart and do a little more work on your site before republishing it!

It's nothing special. Its a run of the mill site and it doesn't catch my eye at all. I would probably not buy anything from you

Here's a few suggestions I'd make after only glancing at it for a few seconds:
1) It needs to be personalized. It has a very... default blog layout feel to it. I would recommend either trying to find another layout that has more character to it, or maybe making a personalized banner for the top.

((((for instance this forum has the "SMF the soap making forum" banner at the top. It's simple yet provides a personalized logo for the website that gives it character. Imagine if it just said "the soap making forum" in small Times New Roman font at the top instead. It would be boring))))

2)Make the worlds in your header bigger

3)Add some good decent sized pictures on the front page to let people know what the websites about and to really draw in your customers. People like pictures more than words.

(((Better yet why not just have all of your products on the front page and do away with the order page?? In my personal opinion i would remove those 2 paragraphs from the front page, and put everything from the Order page on the front page..... this would really help because the front page seems plain, boring and unfinished, while the Order page has a bunch of pictures and things to look at. Making the order page your main page will do wonders for your website.)))

Those 3 things alone will make your website look more interesting and much more professional looking

Back