Where Can I Find a Hands-On Cold Process Soap Making Class?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnightstorm

Reaction score
I live in Huntington, West Virginia (which is close to southern Ohio and eastern Kentucky). I am looking for a hands-on class or workshop on Cold Process Soapmaking.

I have read a book on it and watched YouTube videos but I still would like to take a hands-on class or workshop for beginners. I have searched online and posted on a couple other forums but can't seem to find one.

Does anyone know of a person or organization that offers these classes within 4 hours driving time from my area?

Thanks so much,
Linda

I don't know of any in close proximity to you but that doesn't mean they don't exist. Just give yourself a little pep talk and dive right in utilizing the info you have gained from reading. You will learn so much once you start making it yourself. The soap forums are a great place to gain additional information and I have found people are very helpful if you have questions. Just use caution when working with lye and take meticulous notes so you can repeat your successes or not repeat your failed batches :) Good luck!

This would be a few days over night for you but I was just talking with Joann from Oils By Nature and she is getting ready to have another all day soap making class. Joann has a lot of years experience and with the package you get from Oils By Nature you couldn't go wrong. www.oilsbynature.com and click on the link for her to talk with her during the day and she can fill you in on the date, time, cost, etc..... We have some very reasonable hotels (I'm just down the road from them) that you cold book. If you would like some suggestions just let me know and I'll send you contact info on them.

We are in northeast Ohio

There are a ton of video tutorials on line - some on this forum and a lot on youtube. I'd watch knowledgeable forum tutorials first like here or Soap Queen's (Brambleberry). They might be helpful for things like how to identify trace. After you watch a few, you will get a sense of which are the most helpful. If the video in question doesn't show the use of proper safety equipment and procedures (goggles, gloves, apron, etc.) I'd look elsewhere. But that's just my opinion. :)

meadowyck said:
This would be a few days over night for you but I was just talking with Joann from Oils By Nature and she is getting ready to have another all day soap making class. Joann has a lot of years experience and with the package you get from Oils By Nature you couldn't go wrong. www.oilsbynature.com and click on the link for her to talk with her during the day and she can fill you in on the date, time, cost, etc..... We have some very reasonable hotels (I'm just down the road from them) that you cold book. If you would like some suggestions just let me know and I'll send you contact info on them.

We are in northeast Ohio

speaking of OBN, when are they going to get back up and running? i used to love ordering from them but their site has been down since may. hope they make it back up soon.

Hey there,
Did you ever find a class to take? Just curious. I am from western PA originally and will be in town in October if you want to get together and soap. :) Maybe it's close enough? I am not sure.

Latest posts

Back