~*~ SMF August 2017 Challenge - Rock and Gem Soaps! ~*~
~ August 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > General Chat > Tech savvy, I NEED HELP!

Old 09-13-2017, 07:43 PM   #11
lionprincess00
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1064 Times on 552 Posts
Likes Given: 854

Update: I think it had all just copied into the Google photos. It never synced it. I went through my settings and made sure syncing was turned on. It was turned on while charging only, and it charges every night, but it was not syncing it. So when I turned off sync while charging only, it started to sync everything. In other words that hadn't been syncing anything and so it had just copied and then got deleted when,I deleted the phone videos. I'm sure if I had some tech guy and I was working for a big company they could recover it, but that's not going to happen for me. So I lost a year's worth of videos of my kids birthdays and a football game I got to go to and everything else. Live and learn I guess. At least I still have the memories and photographs.

Old 09-13-2017, 07:55 PM   #12
Cindy2428
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 784 Times on 450 Posts
Likes Given: 763

Lp I'm the biggest phone idiot in the universe... Before giving up go to the phone store and see if one of their geeks can recover for you. My Verizon store folks see me coming and I think they draw straws to see which one has to help me this time.

People Like This 
Old 09-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #13
lionprincess00
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1064 Times on 552 Posts
Likes Given: 854

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy2428 View Post
Lp I'm the biggest phone idiot in the universe... Before giving up go to the phone store and see if one of their geeks can recover for you. My Verizon store folks see me coming and I think they draw straws to see which one has to help me this time.
Too funny. I'll call them now. Thx!
Cindy2428 Likes This 
Old 09-13-2017, 10:42 PM   #14
dibbles
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2101 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 2503

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittish View Post
I plug my phone into my computer with a USB cord, and download directly to my computer.
That's what I do. But it is because I am not at all tech savvy and don't really understand the cloud. Or my computer for that matter.

LP, I hope you can recover what you lost.
penelopejane Likes This 
Old 09-14-2017, 02:33 AM   #15
SunRiseArts

Liked 624 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 715

oh boy. Is going to be hard. If they are in the cloud, maybe. But if you had them on your phone storage, they are probably gone.

Next time, before you delete anything, plug your phone into your computer. It will act as a usb stick, and copy everything to a folder in your PC.

Cindy Idea is the best. Take it to your provider, and have the geeks there get them for you.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:31 PM   #16
penelopejane

Liked 1709 Times on 997 Posts
Likes Given: 2568

You phone guy might be able to help.
On an iPhone even if you delete your photos they stay on the phone in a folder for 28 days. Should be something like that for android.

If not try this: https://support.google.com/photos/an...DAndroid&hl=en

I'm not sure what you actually did so not sure that will work but it's with a try. Best of luck with it all.

Old Yesterday, 03:46 AM   #17
SaltedFig

Liked 326 Times on 126 Posts
Likes Given: 335

Default Recovering deleted files

Sorry to hear about your lost photo’s and video’s.

This post disregards the cloud side of things, and works on the idea that the photo’s may be able to be recovered from your phone.

Blurb:
Photo’s (and all other files) are stored in pieces in whatever available space there is on your device (computer, phone, tablet, etc.). A key (like a map key) to where each of these pieces is located is created and this key is used to prevent those data storage spaces from being overwritten.

When you move photos to trash, they are scheduled for permanent deletion. Your files can be recovered from this area using your phone software, if you do this before the set time expires (mine is set to 28 days, yours may be different). If you cannot see your files in the trash/bin, it is possible they have been permanently deleted.

Permanent deletion isn’t quite what it sounds. What actually happens is that the key (to where all the photo pieces are) is removed and the data storage space used by all the photo pieces becomes available for storing new data. The photo pieces are not actually gone at this point, but you can no longer see the photos because the key is missing.

Until there is something stored over the top of the file pieces of each of the photos, they remain on your phone. It is possible to gather up the file pieces and recreate the keys (basically, recover your photos from permanent deletion).

This is only possible if the storage has not been overwritten. Once the space is overwritten, then the photos are truly gone. So the quicker you can look for the file pieces (and the less you use the phone until then), the more photo’s you will be able to recover.

To the (possible) solution:
There are software programs that can recover permanently deleted files. You can either use a free program, buy a program, or have a professional to do this for you.

The sooner you do this, the better chance you have of recovering your photo’s.

This link is to a list of data recovery programs you can use:
https://alternativeto.net/software/diskdigger/

This link is to a service that does recovery for you (it’s in Sydney, Australia – this is just a random example, there will be ones near you that provide a similar service):
https://www.nsintel.com.au/service/m...FZMGKgodwRcIJw

This thread specifically talks about others with the same google photo’s problem.
https://productforums.google.com/for...os/1vlhwg1e6Ug

Good luck.
Old Yesterday, 04:43 AM   #18
Steve85569
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1461 Times on 715 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I email photos to myself if I want to keep them. Then I can store them on my portable T ( terrabyte) disks. Having exterior storage is not a problem these days.

My phone doesn't do videos though and when I dial out it make clicking noises...... One ringy dingy.... two ringy dingies...
I have an "old guy" phone.