Oh NOOOO!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mommycarlson

Reaction score
I just realized that I left out .95 oz of castor oil in my batch of soap! Ughhhh! :headbanging:
I normally make a smaller batch and I guess out of habit I did the .75 instead of the 1.70 in the larger batch. Is this going to make a huge different in my soap? Please let me know what to be prepared for. Rebatching will of course ruin the pretty layers I made :(

I just realized that I left out .95 oz of castor oil in my batch of soap! Ughhhh! :headbanging:
I normally make a smaller batch and I guess out of habit I did the .75 instead of the 1.70 in the larger batch. Is this going to make a huge different in my soap? Please let me know what to be prepared for. Rebatching will of course ruin the pretty layers I made :(

Probably not. It will probably lower your superfat a bit and maybe not be as bubbly or bring the full properties of the castor as if you used the full amount.

What size is your total batch? I'd say if it's 3lbs or larger, it should be okay. But that's just my opinion. More scientific people will come by and answer better I'm sure.

My batch is 34 oz of oils, 49.97 oz of total soap. Thank you both for your responses, I'll breathe a little easier and hope it's not a loss. I have never done that before. LOL, well, not that I'm aware of!

My batch is 34 oz of oils, 49.97 oz of total soap. Thank you both for your responses, I'll breathe a little easier and hope it's not a loss. I have never done that before. LOL, well, not that I'm aware of!

In the big scheme of things less than an ounce of oil in a little over 2lb batch is not huge, but you might be able to definitely feel the difference.
Just make sure and zap test it, but I really think it'll be fine.

Back