42 Days

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
and I finally get to go home from taking care of my parents. Just let me tell you 42 days of 24 hr care is very trying, my patience at their end. I cannot make anything here and my racks are still quite empty with the Holidays coming. :-(. All I can say is my sister better stay at least 3 weeks.

On the minus side of going home, I have central air at the parents and only one air conditioner in my house and the weather has been in triple digits. The saying "Be careful what wish for is true."

Yikes, I would go crazy! So would my parents. My sister and I used to try to visit for a week every year. One time, on the third day, my mom accidentally spoke out loud: "It'll be nice when everybody goes home and I can get back to my routine". Oops!

Caring for the elderly was the most draining job I've ever had. 24/7 is above and beyond. You are a good daughter indeed!

I hope your sister stays at least a month to give you even more of a respite. Good luck with the heat wave. I was shocked to learn that yesterday the temps where we used to live was higher than I had ever experienced.

Thankyou all, I am hoping my house will cool off so I can make some soap! My issue with my old house is it faces south, getting the hot afternoon sun and it is floor to ceiling glass, single pane. When it heats up it really heats up, but when it is cold it is the exact opposite problem. All the heat goes out the glass so we do not use our furnace or at least very seldom. Problem with my sister is she cannot stay longer than 3.5 weeks because she is on so many pain killers and antidepressants for fibromylagia. She takes more crap than my daughter with rheumatoid and epilepsy, and no doctor here will prescribe all that she takes. Of course my sister is one that thinks a pill fixes everything, and that is why I do not let her take our parents to the doctor...Okay that was probably more info than necessary :)

Hot or not tomorrow I am going to Market for the first time in 10 weeks.

I sincerely wish you the best Carolyn, and hope the market is full of friendly people that will help restore your energies! (And buy lots of soapy goodies)

YAY! You deserve a break. Hope you have a good time, relax, and enjoy the day!
Thankyou both, getting to my market is like going on a vacation now. Pretty sad...but it is good I enjoy my market. Right now I am down to 1 weekly and 1 monthly market. It is all good :)

Back