Magic Cookie Bars

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, Hello Dollies! I haven't had those in years!

I just read a similar recipe using sweetened condensed milk where you boil the whole can unopened for 2 hours, then spread that out onto the graham cracker(digestive biscuits to you Brits) crust, sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate chips and then pecans. Looked yummy!

Last edited:

I just read a similar recipe using sweetened condensed milk where you boil the whole can unopened for 2 hours, then spread that out onto the graham cracker(digestive biscuits to you Brits) crust, sprinkle with semi-sweet chocolate chips and then pecans. Looked yummy!

O, stop!!!!!!!!!!!!! The boiled condensed milk is dulce de leche, and I could eat the whole can of that alone.Or unboiled, for that matter. This sounds amazing. I will pretend to make them as Christmas gifts, and then I'll have to do some "testing" to make sure they're worthy. (snicker) And some of the originals for comparison. Oh, this is such a dangerous time of year. And you are such evil enablers.....shame on you!

Yes! We know them as Hello Dollies, too! My sis makes a batch every year at Christmas-time. They're my favorite out of all the cookies she bakes.

IrishLass :)

Have you heard about boiling the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk to create caramel?

This sounds really good. I'd never heard of boiling the can and I'd like to try it.

@ Carabou - Do you have vanilla wafers? Those might work.

I've heard "7-Layer" or "7-dollies". Whatever they are called, I don't want them in my house. It's just too dangerous to have something so insanely tasty nearby.

OMG..I have 'tried' to stay away from this part of the forum..can't...resist...ughhhhh

Ok, I've been assimilated and will now have to try to make these...I feel weight already :lol:

Another Christmas will pass without me making this treat. It's not because I'm strong willed. It's because I keep forgetting to buy the ingredients. :lol:

Back