Not happy with my supplier

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in Michigan and they always take too long to ship. I only order when they have a good sale and then stock up. It takes even longer when they have a sale. I like Natures Garden, Elements Bath & Body, Nurture Soap Supplies and Soaper's Choice for their speediness and reasonable prices. Brambleberry was just short of 2 weeks getting to me.

I placed an order with WSP one week ago today. This was my first time ordering anything soap related since I'm a newbie. I saw the free shipping and prices looked reasonable, so I went with them. I didn't even notice the extra $5 fee until I read this thread. One week later and they still have not shipped my order. That's pretty disappointing. Maybe I'm spoiled with Amazon 2 day shipping, but over one week to ship is pretty poor service.

This will be the first and last time I order from them.

It's obvious that a lot of customers are not happy. So as a business owner, do you just sit back and do nothing, while customers find another supplier, or do you try and do something about it? I'm really mystified that they keep going further into the woods, instead of turning around and looking for another path.

3531a34faafcd3d5ab8749a94f57319e.gif

It's obvious that a lot of customers are not happy. So as a business owner, do you just sit back and do nothing, while customers find another supplier, or do you try and do something about it? I'm really mystified that they keep going further into the woods, instead of turning around and looking for another path.

I so agree with you. I know I find some of their prices really high even with their so called free shipping. And why order from them when I can get it at the same price or cheaper with shipping and way quicker delivery.

My March 31st order was finally supposed to be delivered today. I think I've about decided that the only thing I'll ever buy from them is fragrance oils and then only when they have a good sale. Otherwise it just doesn't seem worth it, that's for sure.

I bought a lot on their last sale. Things I have been drooling over forever, like column molds. And lots of flavor oils. Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. Nothing has shipped yet. Very frustrating. I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime too gdawgs. It's so nice to have things within a couple days of ordering!

I bought a lot on their last sale. Things I have been drooling over forever, like column molds. And lots of flavor oils. Unfortunately, I'm in the same boat. Nothing has shipped yet. Very frustrating. I'm spoiled by Amazon Prime too gdawgs. It's so nice to have things within a couple days of ordering!

Be careful with those crafter's choice column molds. They tend to open up when you least expect it.

I've given up on mine and am back to using pringles cans. I get a better shape from them. Hopefully you'll have better luck!

Be careful with those crafter's choice column molds. They tend to open up when you least expect it.

I've given up on mine and am back to using pringles cans. I get a better shape from them. Hopefully you'll have better luck!

Seriously? Crap! If I have to wait this long AND they open up on me, they're gonna get a nasty email!

Something else to try when it comes to that type of mold.

I have been using mailing tubes. They are a lot more sturdy than the pringles cans and come in different sizes.

Sere

Has anyone with complaints contacted Debbie at WSP? I've found her to be responsive and helpful. Haven't ordered with anyone for a long time due to disciplining myself to use up some of my overabundance of supplies before I order more. But if I do have a complaint I like to complain to the seller directly after getting some feedback here, feel it's only fair they hear it and consider solutions.

Has anyone with complaints contacted Debbie at WSP? I've found her to be responsive and helpful. Haven't ordered with anyone for a long time due to disciplining myself to use up some of my overabundance of supplies before I order more. But if I do have a complaint I like to complain to the seller directly after getting some feedback here, feel it's only fair they hear it and consider solutions.

When they made the change to have their ezine by paid subscription only, instead of free, I did write an email. Not so much to complain, but to explain why I thought it was a bad move on their part. When you have an ezine with beautiful photographs of products that can be made with your supplies, and you have the recipes and instructions to make them, and package them, and all the links to purchase each item are right there on the page, I think that's brilliant. And I have to admit, that there were several times that I was inspired to make something after seeing it on their pages. So to turn around and start charging people for something that was generating sales for you, just seems like a bad business move. I know that I never even thought about paying for a subscription, and I feel fairly confident, by the number of comments here from people who are dissatisfied with them, that I'm not alone. I just thought that the free ezine was such brilliant marketing on their part, that someone should let them know that this move might be a mistake, and why.

So I did write an email, and I got a response, I can't remember exactly what it said, but something to the effect that they appreciated my concerns, but they felt that this was they way they wanted to go. Did you ever have a friend who was doing something really stupid and you wanted to take them by the shoulders and shake them and say "What are you doing?!" That's how I feel about them.

When you raise your prices, but then decide to have frequent sales, customers will wait for the sales to purchase. But if they really need something, they're not going to wait, they're going to go elsewhere. And then they realize that they can actually get everything somewhere else, and they don't come back any more. Isn't it better to have low everyday prices? Isn't that why we love Soaper's Choice, and Costco, and Marshall's and TJMax for that matter? We know we don't have to wait for sales to get a good price. And if on top of all the rest of the changes they've made, they have slooooow shipping...isn't that just a recipe for disaster?

Again, maybe there are things going on in that company that we don't know about. Maybe there are reasons for doing what they do. But from a customer's point of view, and also a small business owner, it just doesn't make sense!

You can buy a cylinder mold from the hardware store. It is a PVC rainwater pipe. They come in LOTS of different diameters. 20mm, 50mm, 65mm, 80mm, 90mm etc. Really cheap. About $5 a metre. You use a can to push them out and you can line them with a silicone mat or freezer paper (if you are in the US).

Looks like my order finally shipped today. 1 week and a day. :think:
Mine too. So it should get here about the time I get too busy to use anything for a while. That's how life goes, isn't it??

Back