Soap Making Resource product

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrandAM

Reaction score
Has anyone used essential oils from Soap Making Resource? I have ordered and received them, the website says they are "therapeutic grade", the bottles are labeled for cosmetic use only. They don't really smell like anything. I have not yet made one bar of soap, am trying to gather supplies before I dive in.

I've had the Anise, Orange 5x, and clove. All of which seemed great and smelled as strongly as I would expect.
I think "therapeutic grade" is one of those loosely defined terms (could be wrong) and you still have to dig in and figure out what you are actually getting.
What kinds did you get that aren't smelling like anything?

Ditto what Carolyn said. There is no such officially recognized grade such as 'therapeutic grade'. From what I understand, the Young Life company started the advertising trend of claiming that their eo's were 'therapeutic grade', and it sure sells a lot of oils for them, but there really is no such recognizable thing in the industry, and I don't believe that has changed given the recent lawsuits leveled against Young Life (and also their off-shoot DoTerra) by the governing agencies here in the US. Whenever I see the term, I think the same thing as when I see the term 'natural'. They are both meaningless to me anymore.

IrishLass :)

Back