money is available for college classes: summer semester

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tabitha

Reaction score
I do not know why this info is not making news. This is the very 1st year our government has offered pell grants and student loans for summer semester classes.

Previously, there were 2 yearly funds disbursments, fall & spring.

Currently, if you recieved (or were eligable for) a spring 2010 disbursment you can get another of equal value for similar hours achieved.

I believe it is 6 hours for part time and 12 for full time. It will assist people in completing their education quicker. They will not have to take the summer months off school.

I thought it was interesting infomation & wanted to spread the news.

Most of the VA schools required that you have all the paperwork turned in by 4/1 to be considered for any additional aid for the summer semester.
A lot of the individual schools weren't even aware of the extra funding.

Hhhhm? That's odd. I would have thought it would be the same nationally. Summer 2010 is part of the 2009-2010 school year. Here when we fill anything out it applies to the entire school year & does not have to be re-done each semester.

Anyway, to anyone who is enrolled or has a family member enrolled, it's worth asking your school about.

True Tab, that the summer is part of the previous year, but the request for funds (at least here) had to be submitted separately. Maybe because it's the first year? Fall and Spring disbursements were made based on 2 draws.

Latest posts

Back