Yikes Hubby grandpa fell off roof

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jennikate

Reaction score
Ok quick background no one asked him to be up there in fact my mother in law has been fighting ongoing fight dad stay off the roof. He seems to be doing ok but he's still in hospital 6 broken ribs small punture in his lung and Broken Pelvis. The pelvis worries me almost as much as the lung siituation. He is a smoker all his life so that worries me. At this point I am staying in contact by phone with her. She and father in law are going to lock up the ladders so he can't do this kinda thing anymore.Thank Goodness his girlfriend was there to get help or he would have been there till Donna (m-i-l) got off work at 5 pm. :cry:

I am so sorry :( . Wishing him a speedy recovery. My Dad fell off a ladder a few years ago and broke 3 ribs. It is so hard when someone that you love is hurting. *hugs*

Wow, I'm so sorry. I hope he heals quickly.

yea - an "oh gee" from me too!

here's some healing energy for him. and some calm energy for the rest of you.

Oh gosh I hope he is ok
What was he doing up on the roof exactly? Trying to fix something I presume.
Good idea about packing up the ladders.
I feel so bad for people when the body is limiting what the mind thinks it can do. That's what really scares me about getting eldery and frail.

Hi all thanks for your thoughts. He was up there to clean leaves off roof. So at this point he is out of the hospital and in a rehab place for a couple weeks for Physical therapy ect for his broken pelvis. So far seems to be doing pretty well. My poor Mother in law on the other hand is run ragged she works and is visiting him as much as possible. I am so glad her work schedule ends next week. She is a seasonal worker for H&R Block. It will give her little more breathing room.

Back