Buying a House (Again...)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donniej

Reaction score
You may recall that I posted a few weeks ago that I was buying a "mixed use" commercial property, with residential living space. Unfortunately it failed inspection, miserably.

However my GF and me are now working on buying a house. For Philadelphia it's modern construction (~1970), as opposed to the other property we tried to buy which was ~1790 - 1850. The inspection went great and it's a nice neighberhood, we even met one of the neighbors.

While it's not commercial, it does have a large 1 car garage with a doorway directly to the basement. I've already been designing ventilation (for EO's), drying rack area, heat for the kettle and water hookups.

The house is nice and needs nearly nothing. It's just a few blocks from a very trendy area and the living space is very nice as well. We're still waiting on the appraisal and final approval for the mortgage but we're pretty confident that we can handle anything that might come up.
Wish us luck, this is the third place we've tried to buy and we could use it :wink:

Yes good luck.

When we were house shopping we looked at probably 60 houses and put in offers on 3 places that didn't work out for one reason or another. We almost lost this one due to greedy real estate agents who kept trying to jack up our offer.

Latest posts

Back