~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Aromatherapy, Herbs and Essential Oils > Frankincense and Myrrh

Old 10-04-2017, 12:35 PM   #1
Kamahido
Paladin of Soap

Liked 428 Times on 235 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Frankincense and Myrrh

Has anyone ever used Frankincense and/or Myrrh Essential Oil in their bar soap? Was wondering how well the scent held up against the lye monster. Christmas is coming and it would be nice to give these away after our Christmas cantata.

Old 10-04-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
divinegoddessoaps17

Liked 196 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 369

I did frank & Myrrh in CP soap. It turned out great! The smell is subtle. But it's there. I love Frank & Myrrh! I also used it in sugar scrubs and whipped body butters - the healing benefits of the oils are outstanding.

Skatergirl46 Likes This 
Old 10-04-2017, 01:16 PM   #3
Kamahido
Paladin of Soap

Did you mix the essential oils together or make some with just Frankincense and some with just Myrrh?

Old 10-04-2017, 03:11 PM   #4
gloopygloop

Liked 40 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I have but only in HP and again its also subtle but definitely there and very nice too, I think I pre mixed my F&M a little more heavy on the F than the M.
Skatergirl46 Likes This 
Old 10-04-2017, 10:53 PM   #5
Kamahido
Paladin of Soap

I made a soap about 6 months ago with Frankincense and Myrrh Fragrance Oil. It smells alright, but since I have never smelled Frankincense or Myrrh I don't have anything to compare it to.

Old 10-04-2017, 10:56 PM   #6
TheDragonGirl

Liked 794 Times on 354 Posts
Likes Given: 134

Mine hold up well! But I also add the actual gum powder to the soap as well

Old 10-05-2017, 02:35 AM   #7
divinegoddessoaps17

Liked 196 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 369

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamahido View Post
Did you mix the essential oils together or make some with just Frankincense and some with just Myrrh?
I mix them together for CP soaps and my body butters.

Old 10-05-2017, 03:35 AM   #8
KristaY
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1642 Times on 903 Posts
Likes Given: 2453

I LOVE F&M soap! So do many of my friends and family. I've tried various FO and EO blends but my current favorite is WSP's Frankincense and Myrrh EO & FO blend. It's a LOT pricier than others but smells divine. At 8% vanilla it discolors med/dark brown so I add a gold pencil line and call it Three Wise Men. I made a batch today because I sold out at my last show so need to have it on hand for Christmas gifts.

If you want something that's less pricey, look at NG's F&M. I use that one for my wax melts.
Skatergirl46 Likes This 
Old 10-05-2017, 04:38 PM   #9
Skatergirl46
Soaper on wheels
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaY View Post
I LOVE F&M soap! So do many of my friends and family. I've tried various FO and EO blends but my current favorite is WSP's Frankincense and Myrrh EO & FO blend. It's a LOT pricier than others but smells divine. At 8% vanilla it discolors med/dark brown so I add a gold pencil line and call it Three Wise Men. I made a batch today because I sold out at my last show so need to have it on hand for Christmas gifts.

If you want something that's less pricey, look at NG's F&M. I use that one for my wax melts.
Thanks for the info.! You answered the question that I was going to ask. I have no idea what F & M smell like, but I am looking for some new holiday scents for soap.