Indonesian Teakwood and amaranth seeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I made two batches scented with indonesian teakwood. Same recipes except one has lard and one has palm. Testing different colors too.

With palm. Colored with green oxide and copper mica. The copper mica in the batter disappeared but at least its still on top.

20q02om.jpg

erbfdg.jpg

With lard. Colored with black walnut hull tea. Lighter swirls have a bit of green oxide and TD. Amaranth seeds added to the darker part. I tried to CPOP this one and it over heated a bit, made some weird marbling.

10xefxs.jpg

2hpo9ow.jpg

where did you get the indonesian teakwood. i am indonesian and i've never heard of that scent :D curious to how it smells. is it an FO?

btw, that's funny with the copper mica that disappeared. that color is supposed to stay true in CP. i like the wispy green swirls though, and the top is very interesting. it almost look like a mica-glycerin top.

Last edited:
The black walnut one goes so well with the 'theme' of the FO. Especially the marbling. Both are pretty!

The amaranth seems to be just like poppy seeds. They haven't turned color yet and they stay suspended in medium trace. They are nice and smooth so they shouldn't be scratchy.

I do really like the brown the black walnut made and the lather isn't brown. I'm hoping it won't leave a mess in a soap dish. Not really happy with the weird marbling but it does match the scent good. Kinda hoping the colors will even out some with a cure.

I like the marbling, it makes the bars a bit interesting. It's really odd how your mica faded in the other soap. I have some a similar shade but I haven't tried it yet.

I like the marbling with that earthy colour. It's a really nice effect. The colours in both look gorgeous and the scent sounds amazing.

The black walnut one almost looks 3D. Cool! I'm lovin' the patterned top on the green one as well. Very nice! :)

The black walnut one almost looks 3D. Cool! I'm lovin' the patterned top on the green one as well. Very nice! :)

They are a bit 3-D. For some reason the swirly bits are raised, its weird but kinda cool.

Not sure what I think of the scent, it seems to be morphing. Its still ok but not as nice as it was at first.

Latest posts

Back