Simple Castile Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kharmon320

Reaction score
I think this one will be fabulous when it's ready. It's a little lighter in person, but just plain soap, no scent.

SoapJuly2011-3.jpg

Thanks! I'm hopeful it will be as gentle and perfect as I envision in about 4-5 months. I need to put it away so I'm not tempted to use if before it's time.

Thanks! I've been trying hard to get the tops to "peak", but I've always tended to pour at a lighter trace that smooths right out. It's been hard to judge when it's ready to pour to get the peaks. I actually used my stick blender to do the peaks on this one.

soo nice and creamy looking.

Tops - when mine is too soft - I keep going downstairs and checking and when it is just right - I peak the tops. Most of the time I can catch it... sometimes it just ends up swirly.

What do you do about insulating the soap? I have been taking my other wooden mold, turning it upside down and carefully placing on top. It does leave a big air pocket above the peaks, but I don't want anything to mess up the peaks.

Thanks. I can't wait to try it (in at least 8 weeks). I'm putting at least half the batch "away" so I can see how much it improves in 6 months.

Back