~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Business Forum > General Business Forum > Why Etsy?

Old 10-24-2017, 02:28 PM   #31
Paintguru

Liked 115 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heika View Post
I just signed up for a Wix account. A friend built the website for me and did something that incorporated my etsy account into a shopping cart on the wix site. It looks nice and simplifies things. Wix had a sale if you signed up for a year. I got an unlimited plan for $7 a month, and I thought that was pretty good. I am having a hard enough time getting all of my soap and product listed on Etsy to have to list it again on a website, so this works for me.
So is your wix site a store too? Unlimited appears to be below the e-commerce plan, so I'm wondering what you're missing. Also, where did you find the $7 deal? I don't see it!

Old 10-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #32
Heika
HiMark Soaps

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintguru View Post
So is your wix site a store too? Unlimited appears to be below the e-commerce plan, so I'm wondering what you're missing. Also, where did you find the $7 deal? I don't see it!
Wix doesn't require you to have an ecommerce plan to have a shopping cart. If you want to use their shopping cart, then you need an ecommerce plan. But, you can use any variety of shopping cart plugin to have one on any level of Wix site. I currently have an etsy plugin on mine. I have decided I am not too happy with it, as it seems to run off customers who don't want to log in to etsy. So, I am considering a couple different shopping carts to add onto my site instead. I signed up for the Unlimited plan, and it was offered to me at a steep discount while it was on sale. I don't know if they do that for every new customer, or if it was a sale for a limited amount of time. It was a great deal, though, and I jumped on it. I had to sign up for at least a year to get the sale price they offered me. I am already regretting only signing up for a year. It will go to full price after that.

penelopejane Likes This 
Old 10-26-2017, 01:36 AM   #33
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 787 Times on 390 Posts
Likes Given: 898

with weebly you can also have a link to your cart. I fix mine with ebay, but I am sure you can do it with etsy too.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:45 PM   #34
Paintguru

Liked 115 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Yeah I think I'd prefer everything to live on the site and not have it go external to Etsy. It may be nice if the inventories were synced up so when someone purchased from one it update the other. I feel like Wix does do this, but I'd need to explore a bit more.

Old Today, 01:04 AM   #35
penelopejane

Liked 1857 Times on 1084 Posts
Likes Given: 2832

Has any one heard of ecwid which is an app that makes a store on your Wix site for free. If you use the store app in Wix (even if you just use it for a photo gallery) they make you sign up for the ecommerce plan $16/month) .

I just want to know if the ecwid keeps you in your Wix website or sends you off somewhere in the cloud.