Packaging

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianO

Reaction score
Any info on how to print a label onto a rustic wrap for soap ?

Is it possible to do this with a label printer ? Also want to have a recycled seed impregnated paper band to go around the soap ( am a beekeeper and this will feature in my labelling ) . Know I will need a wooden deckle , anyone tried this ?

trying to find out as much as possible at this stage , see some really beautifull packaging out there and just trying to figure out how it is achieved. Like the concept of being able to see the soap above and below the recycled paper wrapper banded around it.

Lot of questions but if you dont ask ?? :???:

Is it possible to do this with a label printer ? Also want to have a recycled seed impregnated paper band to go around the soap ( am a beekeeper and this will feature in my labelling ) . Know I will need a wooden deckle , anyone tried this ?

trying to find out as much as possible at this stage , see some really beautifull packaging out there and just trying to figure out how it is achieved. Like the concept of being able to see the soap above and below the recycled paper wrapper banded around it.

There are going to be a lot more experienced answeers than mine. But here's what I do: I do the cigar band style wrapped horizontally around my bars. I use Brown cardstock that i get on sale at hobby lobby. I use landscape orientation and can fit 4 labels on a sheet because I like a narrow band where the soap is visible above and below like you said.

I tried a carved stamp for a rustic look, and that came up pretty well (and any stamped image can be scanned and printed in bulk, so you can get the unique mass produced rustic look! :)).

If you are going to use seed impregnated paper, you might need a barrier between the soap and the paper, as the paper that is used for seed impregnation is, by it's nature, biodegradeable and there might be a risk that the soap could affect the seeds (as the paper is permeable).

Latest posts

Back