a salt scrub question...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saylee

Reaction score
I'm in need of some professional help....(not mental, :? thankyou :? ) i am wanting to make some salt scrubs the simi liquid kind. I have several good sounding recipies but my question is what about a preservitive? no mater what i put the scrub in im sure someone will manage to get water in to the jar, i dont want it to mold, so what should i do? is there just a general preservitive i can add that would take care of the problem? and what about sugar scrubs? hellllllppppp.. :(

You have a few choices for a preservative. What do you have on hand? If you don't have anything, where do you like to buy supplies from?

not any realy

i dont have anything on hand, but i generaly by from bramblberry or wholesale supplies plus. im open to suggestion if you have a diffrent supplier though.

I use either Phenonip or Liquapar Optima in mine. I believe Germaben II isn't good since it's meant for products with less than 25% oil. It you tell WSP what you are making, and ask them if a certain preservative will work for it, they always give great answers.

Latest posts

Back