New soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapprentice

Reaction score
Made a soap using loaf mould for the 1st time today and I think I like the loaf mould the most. Here are some pictures. I should say I am proud of my swirls, 1st at it too.

IMG_6158.jpg

IMG_6159.jpg

IMG_6170.jpg

Such pretty soap, I love the soft colors, nice job! I have a wide variety of silicone molds, and while I use them all, my loaf molds definitely get the most use.

I had always used loaf molds, except on my salt bars or laundry bars. Then this past time I made soap (I've made 4 batches so far lol) I decided to only make 1 lb batches because it is new recipes and I didn't want to end up with allot of soap I don't like, so I decided to use my 6 cavity silicone (like yours). However, I didn't take into account that my soap wouldn't gel, so I tried to remove it too soon and wound up with broken corners on one bar :headbanging: Now, I have to decide if I am going to keep doing that or go back to the mold, ugghh decisions. I love the convenience of the cavity mold, but to my knowledge I've not tried an ungelled soap so we will see if there's a difference.

Love the swirls in that soap. It turned out very pretty!

Very pretty! Great job on your first swirl! I like using loaf molds the best - they are so versatile, but mainly because cutting them to see what you have created is so much fun.

Latest posts

Back