Hair Oil Spray

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikindred

Reaction score
I am trying to find a good recipe for hair oil that you can put into a 4oz bottle with a spray mister....any suggestions on where to start?

Not sure if this helps---I make something for my hair that I put in a mister bottle for a leave in conditioner, but I don't have any oil in it. I put in aloe, honeyquat, panthenol, protein, and bamboo extract. Just 2% of each. You need a preservative too, of course. I tried polyquat 7 as a detangeler, but did not like the way it felt on my hair.

If you wanted oil or silicons in something, you can emulsify with BTMS. I get most of my hair care ideas and recipes from swiftcraftymonkey. She has tons of info. Just google that and you will get to her blog site.

Oh hair oil... I didn't think there was anybody else out there that thought about hair oil.
My aim has been for a solid hair oil but after soooooooo many batched its been put on the back burner for this week.
I currently use Himalayan Indian hair oil. I love it & am almost out. I got a few bottles when I was in India. Its a liquid oil & would mist thru an atomiser I'd imagine.
Try googling their ingredients.
Unfortunately though there are only so many oils that actually penetrate the shaft.
Did u want it for conditioning or more of a shine type product??
Dimethicone & other cones are good for just shine but if u want a conditioning oil.... coconut, olive, avocado all penetrate the shaft the best from what I've read.
Good luck & I'd love to know how u get on.

Also there is a type of Indian gooseberry oil (???)that is supposed to b good for the hair... just another thought.
What about more of a bottle with a dripper hole in the top instead of an atomiser. Then things open up majorly with types of oil if it doesn't have to atomise.
I'm rambling...... good luck.

Latest posts

Back