Whales

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is a Black Ice fragranced I made last night. First time in about 1.5 months I have not been to tired to get some night soaping in. When I cut there was a surprise :) These could also be Risso Dolphins. They are white and look very similar to a Whale

20170327_081119[1].jpg

Last edited:
That's beautiful, Carolyn!! I love the whales in the light blue and white, and the contrast "rocky" edge.

I bet it smells lovely as well!

Thankyou, it does smell wonderful. It is Black Ice from California Candle

I have yet to play with any fragrances.. Do candle fragrances behave in soap? I know that someone was saying that the fragrances from Joanne's and Michael's are not recommended because they have alcohol and will end up seizing.

Gorgeous soap!

WeaversPort-you can't use scents intended only for candles in soap. Some online suppliers, however, have some scents that are safe for bath/body as well as candles. You just have to do your homework.

Hobby Lobby has some essential oils that are hideously expensive for what you get, but can tide you over until you get some in. Do not use the "essential oils" from Walmart, they do not work in soap. If you have a GNC that carries the NOW brand of essential oils, they are true essential oils, also.

I have yet to play with any fragrances.. Do candle fragrances behave in soap? I know that someone was saying that the fragrances from Joanne's and Michael's are not recommended because they have alcohol and will end up seizing.
You have to purchase body safe fragrances. My Black Ice from Cal Candle is Body Safe. Hobby Store FO's are only for M&P or Candles Only

Back