My custom 7.75 x 10.5 silicone slab mold

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I posted on this forum that I was looking for a slab mold that would allow me to make 3.5 by 2.5 inch soaps that were 1.5 inches deep. A person emailed me with a website that sold acrylic molds that size but they were sold out. They said they wanted that exact size also. Feeling empowered that I wasn't the only person dissatisfied with the 3 x 2 slab molds being sold by all the companies on the internet I watched a YouTube video on how to make one with a brush on silicone mold builder. I spent under $23 and purchased all the materials for the wood outer mold and the silicone mold, after building it I have enough materials left over to completely make another one.

If this 53 yr old woman with no wood experience can build one anyone can! I am still amazed my first post to this forum was so helpful. Thanks, so much everyone. Now I am off to fill that mold!

Soap slab mold 1.jpg

Soap slab mold 2.jpg

Soap slab mold 3.jpg

You go girl! (Do people still say that?) Nice job. I've never attempted a silicone liner, but I've also made the wooden boxes for molds, and have no woodworking skills either. So we are proof that if you want something badly enough, you can figure out a way to do it. What have you got to lose? And if you do find a silicone liner that's the size you want, you can really cut down on the price by making your own box for it. Soapmaking teaches us many skills. :wink:

It was me who was also looking for that size. Good for you, making what you want for yourself! Might have to try myself, someday. Usually if I get stuff for a 'project' DH will get involved. But he's working on taxes right now, so I think it's best not to bring it up for awhile.

It was me who was also looking for that size. Good for you, making what you want for yourself! Might have to try myself, someday. Usually if I get stuff for a 'project' DH will get involved. But he's working on taxes right now, so I think it's best not to bring it up for awhile.

Right?? Mine growls at me every time I mention anything to do with money the entire time he is doing the taxes. I offered to do them, but he won't hear of it.

Back