plastic bag/plastic wrap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rszuba

Reaction score
ok. this is probably silly, but do any of you worry about the plastic from whatever bag or wrap your using getting into your soap. (ya know it breaking down during the contact from pour and cure)

they say that the plastic from water bottles breaks down over time and it gets into your drink. espcecally if left in the sun or cold. what about our soap.

what about,.. i have used foam to line mine with. do i need to worry? it's from the craft store- like the tog liners- don't know if they use a specific kind of material.

any opinions welcomed.
renee

I wouldn't worry, plastic does not break down very easily, look at the oceans and the land just polluted with it. I think the soap would have to be in contact for a very looooong time for it to be seeping into it. Its a washaway product it is not likely to sit on the skin for any significant time, not like a cream or lotion. Having said that most creams and lotions are in plastic hmmmmmm :?:
Etelka

Back